Chapter One

§§Donna.

My back ached with immense pain and I tried not to move so much. I was sitting in the conference room with executives and we had been discussing business plans for the half hour or so.

It was almost thirty-eight degrees outside and half of the business men and women had removed their jackets while the other half had come in without them. I was the only one that still had mine on and I was sweating like a Christmas goat waiting to be slaughtered.

I looked at the head table and there sat Kyle Walters head bent deep in thought. It had been five months now and he had not said anything to me, not even when we crossed paths or when we were in the same room. I wondered why.

The door opened and a figure walked in. She shut the door behind her with a soft click and padded over to the head table where Kyle sat. She placed a blue file in front of him and a red one by his right. Then she moved back pulling out a small notebook and pen. She did not lean against the wall unlike the others that did, but the discomfort of her having to stand could be read on her face.

She looked at everyone through the brim of her glasses as they spoke nodding to whatever they said while taking notes.

At once I hated her, I had no clue as to who she was but I did not like her not one bit. She pushed the brim of her glasses up on her nose and took down more notes. I eyed her figure, she was tall, taller than me but slim. Curvy in the right places and had perfect hair on her head.

My heart broke as I thought back on the expenses I had to make on hair products. My hair had fallen out considerably this month. Her breasts were full and would get fuller during pregnancy, but they were enough to satisfy a man.

She stared at me and I looked back at her, the pride of looking at me. Didn't she know I was one of the executives around here? But she still looked at me, waiting for me to say something, or had she heard the thoughts that had been running through my head? I doubted. Someone nudged my arm and at once pain laced through me.

"Donna you were asked a question, we are waiting for your answer."

I looked around the room and to my astonishment everyone had their eyes on me, well except the man that sat at the head table, he eyes were down cast. I said the only thing that came to my mind.

"That makes sense we will take it."

The girl looked at me puzzled then bent down to her notes then looked back at me then bent down again to write something. I could bet she thought me a psycho.

"Mr Walters, the blue file has the new strategic plan and the red one has positive feedbacks from various customers and our main clients. I must say we did come up with a very good solution but to further our plan we have to invest more." He nodded and looked at the old man in the eye.

"Well done ehn-"

He was still for a few minutes as he tried recalling the man's name. He brushed it off and stood up.

"I appreciate you all for your effort and hard work. This company would not be the same without you." He shook the man's hands and the rest of the party stood to leave. I sat still in my place.

"I did not know we were short on staff."

I pointed with the tip of my pen to the woman that stood not directly behind Kyle. The man whispered back. "He employed a new secretary, his life has been a bit shitty."

I sucked in a breath. You don't say, I wonder why? "And for how long has she been working here."

He stopped what he had been doing and looked at her. "I would say," He began counting on his fingers. "About a month or so now."