Chapter Thirteen

§§Pamela.

"Ollie!" I called.

He ran back into the room and hid the other shoe. "I swear Ollie you are getting on my nerves."

Bending I picked my sock from under the table and as I was about to stand, he pulled at the hem of my trouser leg. I slipped on his chew toy and fell. He licked my face with a smile.

"No, Ollie bad bad dog, bad."

He gave me a sad face. I kissed his nose and stood up but he pulled at my trouser even harder causing it to tear. "I have to go to work I have told you."

But he didn't listen. He ran back to the room and got hold of the shirt I was to wear. He took it to his favourite place and hid it there.

"Ollie!" I shouted I was already frustrated.

"You are going out now. You hear me out. You are behaving badly Ollie and I do not like that."

Ignoring me he moved for my other shoe. And then ran for the door. "Do you want to go out?" I asked for the hundredth time. But he didn't give any form of affirmation.

"Ollie." I called out again.

He barked.

"I know sweetheart, but mummy has to go to work now."

He barked again.

"I promise I will come back early, and we can go to the park."

I turned for my room as he kept on barking. I did notice he was shaking. Maybe he was sick.

"I love you to, but I can't stay home, please baby you have to listen to me."

He barked even louder and more aggressively.

I got to my knees and kissed his nose, while he was distracted, I grabbed my shoe from his mouth and hurriedly put it on. He fought trying to pull it out. Half dressed I ran for the door and shut it just before he could get out.

I leaned against the door.

"Maybe he is trying to warn you about something. It wouldn't hurt if you stayed home for a day."

An old woman, a neighbour said. I looked at her and shook my head. My hands ran to my buttons and fastened them. My heart broke as I kept on hearing Ollie bark and cry at the same time.

"I love him so much, but I have to go to work, I just can't miss it. He will clam down." I placed my key in the lock and hesitated a bit.

Maybe I could take him with me. But no, he had been acting up since I woke up. He even bit me which is something he has never done. It had to be them hormones and Witty's fault.

***

I reached the office some minutes later than usual but it wasn't like anyone would shout at me. The shouting master seemed to have taken leave from all shouting. Though he kept on brooding more.

The hall was oddly silent and a bit cold. The atmosphere was not welcoming. I looked around me and everyone whispered among each themselves. I walked over to a random person.

"What is going on?"

The person shrugged his shoulders, but another spoke. "There is news of some form of attack. People have been advised to keep alert."

When did such go around? And why didn't I know about it?

"Well it's just rumours and there wasn't any form of national warning or anything."

They dispersed from the group and worked other to various places. I could see the uncertainty in their steps and faces.

The elevator didn't work and what made everything worse was I had to walk around with a half bitten off bottom. How on earth did I not see that? I reached my desk and the floor shook. I gripped the table to keep from falling.