Chapter Forty-two

§§Kyle

I brushed off the dust and rubble that had settled on me. Half of the roof had fallen off and I had manged to catch the dead bustard's hand. I stood up pain lacing through my leg.

There was dust all over the place. The old building crumpled down in huge hips. To my side I heard the groans of pain, Noreen stood up pulling Nile along with her.

"Do you think he is unconscious?" She asked a puzzled look on her face, she was starting to bite her nails a habit I had observed was done too often.

I peered down at him. "No, he isn't unconscious as a matter of fact he is smiling but that wound doesn't look too good."

She looked down at him. "I tried all I could to stop the bleeding." I placed a hand on her shoulder and to my horrification I had lost a finger. I tried not to look as affected but the pain was still here an ugly reminder of the battle I almost lost.

I looked around. Pamela.

"She was dragged into a car by a man before the explosion. I didn't see his face my mind was more concerned about Nile." She said guiltily.

I nodded, not that I was happy but out of understanding. "I will call a cab. Have Nile taken home and treated. I need to find Pamela." My gaze went back to the building, it was just by divine miracle that we had escaped before he went ablaze.

"At least she is still alive." But in danger. My heart couldnt stop beating frantically.

"How will you find her?" Noreen asked. Nile gave another groan of pain. I looked around us and saw another body, one lying limp and dead in the dark dirt. I turned him around.

"She is in Scotland." It was just a theory but I knew she was there.

"And how do you think she could be in Scotland? She would have fought her way and battled with Ian." Nile said from the ground.

A little distance away from Matt's dead body was a handkerchief. I didn't need to go close to know. "She was dragged. Besides Scotland is a two if not more than four-hour flight from Austria. Ian has a flit of private jets. I think anything with him is possible."

The cab came within minutes and Nile was dragged in, although he didn't go without a protest. Noreen promised to take care of him. She even went as far as inviting him home and playing doctor while he was being treated. That seemed to help as Nile shut up immediately and helped himself in.

Though he didn't allow me to leave so easily not after he said for the hundredth time. "If shit happens call me. I don't give a damn about my wound."

And now I was on the highway putting so much pressure on the gas. I had already gotten a speeding ticket. The phones had been switched off and Pamela's was in my pocket.

"Master Kyle." It was a small whisper but I heard it.

"Master Kyle can you hear me hello? I cannot speak louder than this hello?"

I cleared my voice. Shots rang out and I held my breath, had she been shot? Another reason I needed to reach home soon.

"Claudia?"

"I thought it wasn't you master Kyle."

"Where is Pamela?" I asked not skipping a beat.

"She is not here. She and mistress Rose left about a few minutes back. Don't come here, dead bodies are flying all over the place. Master Ian is furious, Master Frank is unconscious -"

"Unconscious? Why?" Not that I cared, he could be dead, and I wouldn't mind.

"Pamela had made a good job of hitting him." So, she was in Scotland.