Chapter Twenty-two

§§Pamela

I looked at myself in the mirror. The dress did fit well, and it brought out my curves all in the right places but I wasn't comfortable in it. I readjusted my bra. I strapped on my heels and checked the clock. Kyle wasn't here, he hadn't been around the whole day.

Not that I missed him or anything.

I applied my lip gloss and headed for the door. I could feel butterflies in my tummy. Something bad was going to happen soon.

I opened the door.

"You are late." Snapped the maid from earlier. She too was dressed in a most extravagant dress. I was starting to wonder if she truly was a maid.

I tried catching up with her, but she was too fast. I stopped then turned back the way I came, I could feel the sweat drench my underarms. I walked out through the service doors.

Most of the quests had already taken their seats while some were about to. I scanned the large hall and spotted Mrs Walters, Rose rather. She was smiling radiantly as she spoke to a man.

I pushed through most of the quests, though when they saw me, they eyed me from head to toe. They needed to learn something called respect. One had even gone far enough to step on my toe.

Cursed are open shoes.

I stood behind the man that made my heartbeat. I opened my mouth to say something then the maid came.

She placed her hand on his ass, I mean I stared they were just standing in front of me. Then she whispered something in his ears. Did he chuckle or was it my imagination? His hand rested on the small of her back and he whispered something.

"I heard but I do not know as the fiancée hasn't been announced."

I was getting tired of hearing nonsense. I picked a glass of wine from a serving waiter and bumped onto the trump that had her hands on my man.

Yes man my bitch. Problem?

"You need a change of dress, we don't want you spoiling dinner with your stained clothes."

I pushed her aside as I walked over to Rose. She opened her arms for me. "Pamela my dear, how are you this evening?"

"I am well Rose darling; you know me just admiring the beautiful place and staining dresses of whores trying to steal my man." Our eyes darted to the maid that watched us both with an open mouth.

"Poor thing wasn't trained well. A low level like her thinking she can compete with me."

I could see the smirk on Kyle's face.

"Pamela." He hugged me from behind then pecked my cheek. His hand closed around my left hand. "Where is your ring?"

I pulled off from him and walked over to a happy mother. I tucked her hand undermine and we made our way towards the head of the table.

"My lovely guests, please join me for dinner." She pulled the head chair just at the same time Mr Stanfield did.

"Dear this is my seat." He said with a smile.

"I know but it used to be yours now it's mine. Pamela sit here with me by my right. Frank find yourself anywhere else."

The man's face hardened. He had not expected such from his ex-wife. He backed away slowly as Rose took her seat. The chair next to mine was pulled out and I did not need to know who had occupied it.

The food went by in a blur. There was more of chattering then eating. Kyle kept on looking at his phone even though it was under the table. But throughout the course of the meal, there was something he did. Something that made my heart beat even faster as the time ticked slowly.