Chapter Thirty-eight

§§Nile.

"Can't I bloody get some rest? Who the hell puts a window opposite the bed?"

I struggled with my eyes as I felt the oncoming headache arrive. It said 'dumb nigga, I'm home.'

I heard the curtains being pulled back. They closed and I welcomed the sudden darkness. There was a movement on the bed, but I was too tired to think or even acknowledge it, maybe it was my dog. But did I ever have one? I could not remember. I only wanted to sleep.

I could tell they were feminine hands,one I knew of so well. They worked towards my stomach then moved down to my resting manhood. The small flick of the sheet sent the whole thing flying to the floor.

I was trapped in between legs, usually I loved being in control. The hands came back to my stomach and shifted my shirt upwards. They seemed cold, the fingertips sending an uncomfortable tingle to my body.

A face came close to mine and I could swear the persons lips would have kissed mine had I not woken up and pushed the foul-smelling creature aside.

I looked to the floor and instantly regretted it for two reasons, one the stab wound which I had just remembered ached like a bitch, the sudden spot of red proved it, then the angry glare I got from down there.

The figure stood up. My past.

"What the hell do you want?"

She smiled, her blackened teeth showing.

"You haven't called me in days. Or even checked on me."

I rolled my eyes getting back into my comfortable position. "That was because I realised what kind of person you are."

"Meaning?" She moved to the side of the bed, her body in my line of vision. I felt frightened for some reason.

Noreen.

I gripped her by her hand and pinned her down to the bed.

"Where is she?"

"Where is who?" She chocked.

I grabbed the sheet from the floor and tied her dirty hands and feet. How had she even gotten in?

"Noreen, the woman you wanted to stab had I not switched positions."

She smiled; one word escaped her lips. "Dead."

I took a step back and fell. No, she couldn't be dead. I tried lifting myself up but couldn't. I felt heavy, dragged, drowning. I was falling and there wasn't any point of reaching up.

"How-?" I couldn't even bare of think about it. She smiled again.

"Head on collision. Died on the spot. Poor baby should have heard her scream. The police were a little too late."

She was laughing now. My past, she was a psycho, a mad woman, one escaped from a mental health institution.

The door banged open.

"What the fuck-" I was yanked off from the floor but I felt weak to the bones. Kyle put an arm around me and held me as hard as possible. There was no reason of living was there?

Three men walked into the room and grabbed the woman. She was dragged out with her shouting.

"She is dead, dead, burning in hell, dead dead, I killed her so."

Her voice died down as she was dragged further and further away.

Kyle helped me out the door. "Don't listen to her."

But my mind froze, it had been sudden, the footsteps, the constant nagging voice, the blinding car lights, her deranged appearance.

I watched as she broke free. How had she manged to undo her tying? She ran for me but then Kyle pushed me out of the way. She lost grip of her footing and tripped over the broken piece of potted plant. She slid on the smoothly polished grounds with the darkened soil not helping matters.