Chapter Thirty-two

§§Nile

I walked through the empty corridors. It was fucking five in the morning and I was more than early. I tried his number and it was damned off. Why the hell would he call me by three asking or no wait demanding I be at the office of he wasn't around and wasn't picking?

I munched angrily at the chocolate doughnut. Damned, I needed to reduce on my sugar consumption but again who was complaining? I found comfort on the empty halls as it brought some kind of peace to my heart since my head was always troubled.

I heard the elevator move. It passed the floor I was on and headed for the last floor. Could it be Kyle? I doubted. He was one to take the stairs no matter how far it seemed. He claimed it was one of the best ways of remaining fit, exercises for the morning.

I snorted, I had other ideas.

I reached the last stair wall and halted. I heard the sound of feet but they didn't sound like that of Kyle, they sounded more hesitant.

"Looks like I am going to have to finish you later." I trucked the sugary snack in my pocket. The lights in the halls had been turned off. This definitely wasn't Kyle. I looked at one of the hidden cameras, those were damned off.

Shit.

If I dialled the security number then the fucker would hear me, and I doubted they were in the office.

Double shit.

Whoever the person was rounded a corner. Then the lights came on and the cameras recording. Deciding that the best way to follow the person wasn't chasing after him but predicting where he would go, I turned to the direction I had come from and walked down the stairs taking three at a time. It was a long shot but I was going to do it.

I reached the elevators, they would help tremendously, but I doubted they wouldn't alert who ever was on the upper floors of my presence. I reached the security rooms, luckily, they weren't on the first floors. I used the spare key that I always had on my bundle and unlocked the door.

Like I had said, the security weren't around.

I locked myself in and checked the computer. The ones that had been on hadn't recorded the person that was in, just like I had thought. They had been turned off then back on, leaving the timeline as the same thing.

I looked at the next computer hoping to see the fucker, but as usual the lights went off and so did the cameras, but his footsteps filled the empty space.

I sent a quick text to Kyle. Hed better get his hairy ass here. I called for back up. Then I turned off all the lights in the building and connected the cameras to my phone. Just as expected the fucker fell and I heard strings of inaudible curses, seemed he had on a face mask or some shit.

I made my way out but taking care to walk slowly and quietly. Though the cameras remained on, it was quite hard to see in the dark. The person stood and brought out something. The four corners of the object outlined in the darkness. He turned on his phone then put it off. Guess he knew someone was on to him.

But he had made a big mistake, his thumb had a ring, one I had seen one too many times and if my assumption was correct- He pushed a few buttons on the square object, it didn't work. He let out another string of curses. The object slipped from his hand, and he bent to pick it hitting a table that held a vase.

"Motherfucking-" He went on. Faded, he pulled out his phone and searched for the remote, the light of his torch shined on his thumb and the ring was clearly shown. Just like I had said I knew that ring, the design, its pattern.

I turned on all the lights at full voltage and they temporary blinded him. He fell hitting another table and vase. I swore, what was it with tables and vases?