Chapter Seventeen

§§Pamela

I sat on the closed lid of the toilet. How did my life ever come to this? Ever come to being forced as a wife to Kyle? And no, not even asking but demanding I be his wife. And he was willing to release the video, shit how did that happen? How did he know it was-

"You know I saw someone with such tattoo once at a strip club. I am starting to think many people have it."

I opened the stall door and moved to the mirror. My face was all red and my eyes were swollen from crying. I pulled at my shirt and the tattoo came to light. Had I very won something revealing with the tattoo showing? I doubted.

Ah, dah you did, something sexy yet well maybe too indecent. Your words not mine.

I crossed back to the stall and sat down on the lid, too afraid to go outside. My life, my future my whole being deepened on that video not being released.

"Pamela." The door to the lady's room banged open. I could hear the heavy footsteps of a man, not just any man but my boss.

"I know you are in here so come out. We weren't done talking."

The temperature in the room dropped many degrees.

"If it means I should open every stall just to get you, I will definitely do that."

There was a sound, then the little atmosphere was filled with a terrible smell. A stall door next to mine was opened a bit.

"I am sorry sir. I have been having a runny tummy all day, I have been in here for a few minutes."The lady went on apologising.

"Please Mr Walters, please do not fire me. Please sir, I am begging you. I don't mind working overtime, anytime sir I-"

"I am not looking for you." He cut her short.

"If you know you are not Pamela then please leave the bathroom at once." This deep voice bounced on the titled walls. And ever so slowly stall doors opened. I watched the hurried feet of scared employees leaving the one place they could take refuge from the mean boss.

His polished black shoes stood in front of the stall door I was in. I waited, was he going to break it down or budge in?

The silence stretched.

"Pamela, we need to talk." He finally said.

I still waited.

"Dammit get out of that stall or else I will break it."

He moved close to the handle then stepped back.

"Okay, I am sorry for everything but just come out so I can see you and talk with you."

I didn't know what got me moving. Either the sorry in his sentence or the demand in his voice. I opened the door and without sparing him a glance I moved to the sink. I didn't need to see my face, as it looked horrible and red.I splashed water to cool of the heat but it didn't work.

"Pamela."

"You have five seconds, I have to go back to work."

I watched as his features hardened. But he didn't say anything. I turned to look at him. "Firstly, you use me. Secondly you use me as bait. Thirdly, you use me to bring that psycho in here. Fourthly you use me as shelter from a bombing and now you want to use me as your wife. That is a lot of using."

He still didn't say anything, but simply started.

"Well in my defence I asked, didn't I? But you rejected." He said slowly, defeated.