Chapter Fourteen

§§Pamela.

I dragged the not so light figure to my bedroom. "Easy damn it, it fucking hurts."

Not meaning to drop his hand, which I did of course. I said. "Well, you can drag your wounded ass in."

He groaned and leaned his weight on me. I bit my lip to keep from groaning.

"Watch your steep dweeb, you're stepping on me."

"Well, if you directed us well I would be stepping on you."

Ollie and I had decided to come back up stairs since the shooting had gone down. I led us back to the living room since the bedroom seemed so far and dropped him on a chair.

"Sit here."

He held his arm and groaned even louder. "It's not as if I would be going anyway."

And to emphasize his point, he raised his hand up and then bit back a curse. Ollie came up to him, first he sniffed his shoes, then his hand.

"Hey you, I am Kyle. Pamela's boss. I guess she has told you much about me?"

At that Ollie started barking. And when that didn't scare my poor boss, he then went to pulling his trouser pants. Kyle's laughter filled the room and I couldn't help the smile that split in my face.

"It's okay boy you don't need to kill him just yet, he has to pay me my month's salary then maybe you can kill him. And also it's from the money he pays that I buy you your treats."

Ollie made an oh" sound and we burst out laughing.

Deciding that the floor was a better place for him, Kyle dragged his weight to the ground. I got down to my knees. Unsure if what to do I asked. "May I look at it?"

He still held his hand to his shoulder. "It's fine." His voice came out deep, but I could still hear the hint of pain.

I turned his face so he was looking at me. "Let me please, after all that was why you came here."

Be scoffed. "Oh, please the only reason I am here is simply because my car broke down a few blocks back and there was no way I was going to call for a cab while under a curfew."

I smiled as I stood up. "Oh really, but your car didn't look broken to me. As a matter of fact it is parked right outside. I am sure a cab driver won't mind, or if you want, I can get an ambulance for you."

"Are you this dumb?" He asked. Puzzled I looked at him.

"Dumb?"

"Yeah dumb." He replied.

"They were fucking bombing up places, hell did you think I would risk my life driving around with a bullet hole in my shoulder or put anyone at risk for that matter? That's why I came here it was the nearest place."

Anger rose in me, how dare he call me dumb? "Well had you gone when the announcements were made then this wouldn't have happened."

He stood up to face me. Furry written all over his face. "Unlike you Pamela. I made sure all employees evacuated before leaving that building. I made sure every single soul worth saving was out. But what did you do?"

What did I do? I did go to call him didn't I? I tried to make him leave but he glued his ass to his laptop then stormed out. It was not my fault.

"Everyone had ears and they heard once the announcements were made. It's only a dumb person that would linger in a building during a bombing."

There I called him dumb. Indirectly but I did.

"I care about all my employees."

"No, you dont." I barked. "The only reason you put yourself at risk was because you didn't want to make any hospital expenses."