Chapter Twelve

§§Pamela.

"Pamela."

I heard my name and turned. Noreen ran towards me, her face stained pink and her hair messy. She stopped short of the distance and bent holding her knees.

"Let's go out for lunch." She said still breathing hard. She stood up straight grabbed her bag and headed for the elevator.

"I was thinking some place new, I heard there is a new restaurant at that shopping mall by 56th Street. I heard from someone that the food is so good, and the services are spectacular. Hurry up will you, I am serving. If we can reach the place before quarter past one then I don't mind paying, as a matter of fact I am paying. Pamela?"

I stopped in my tracks and looked at her. "Did you hit your head or something?"

Worriedly I moved towards her I touched her forehead, her body temperature was normal. "Do you perhaps have a fever? Should I be worried?"

She looked at me puzzled and then her gaze fixed on someone. I did notice the swollen red lips. I turned but she pulled me into the open elevator and avoided my gaze. Once the doors opened she pulled me to her car.

"You drive." And then she got in just in time Kyle and Nile walked out of the building. I stared at the man who not so few hours ago had held me in his arms. And I was quite surprised that he hadn't bossed me around all day. Rather he was a bit calm and had a touch of more silence but other than that he was better than other days.

"Pamela!" Noreen called from inside the car.

"Why are you smiling? Is there something you did that I should know? Perhaps like a murder you committed. I know of a great place if you want to dispose the body."

She ignored me and looked down at her phone. I reached just in time to see the red light and I took a breath, twisting my gaze I caught her red handed as she stared at her screen. The picture of a certain someone on it.

Nile.

"Hey! A man called from the opposite car. Aren't you ashamed of yourselves driving some piece of shit thats a 2017 model? What your baby daddy couldnt buy you a new one?"

The lights changed to green and they sped off. Laughter coming from their car. We both stared at them open mouthed, it was not until those behind us started hooting that I remembered we were on the road.

"Wait, did they just insult my car?"

I decided not to answer but kept my gaze on the car. Noreen pulled out a pen and piece of paper. She wrote down the number plate.

I took a left turn, and a small smile grazed my lips. "Good." Noreen said as she changed her shoes for heels. We watched through the window as the man that had insulted the car stepped out and a woman came running to him. He kissed her deep and hard and his friends applauded them.

"Well, what are you waiting for? I am starving."

But I knew she was not, there was more in her mind. We walked through the glass doors and instead of heading to the left, Noreen walked straight for the lifts.

"Oh hi." She purred. "I am sorry, but my friend Clara told me to tell you that last night was not as good as she made it seem. She claims that you can't even last more than five minutes and couldn't get her to moan. Such a shame your thing is as small as my toe. You couldn't even fill her up! You should go get yourself pumped up. I heard they work wonders. Call me."

Not wanting to be part of the drama that will follow through, but eager to know its ending. I stood on my spot until Noreen was up on the next floor. Then she made her way down the stairs to where I stood. "How did it go?" She asked. A smile on her lips.