Chapter 1- Defeated

Pain, Embarrassment and rage is all she felt when she had to be rescued by no one other than kagura and hayabusa. How could she let this happen? She was the scarlet ninja. The beholder of hinganbana. Yet she was so easily defeated by the akuma ninja. And now her life was in the hands of the one she hated the most.

Everything was going so well. She was about to defeat him. Where did everything go wrong.

Oh. She knows where everything went wrong. When she saw him and her together. Fighting for each other. They looked so perfect. So in sync. She was jealous. And she felt betrayed. That caused enough of a distraction for her to almost die.

She felt someone sit by her side. She knew it was him. Hayabusa. He would never leave her alone. She was also fully cautious. She just didn't want to open her eyes. She didn't want to face him. She couldn't face him after being such a disappointment.

She also sensed someone else in the room. Oh ofcourse. The little angel could never leave them alone. She always had to cling on to hayabusa as always. Dang it.

"Oh hayabusa. Don't worry. I'm sure she'll wake up soon!"

There. Her annoyingly cute voice. "She probably doesn't like it when hayabusa has his attention locked on someone else and not her. Stupid bitch." Hana thought.

"You don't have to stay here. Kagura. She's my fiancee. It's my responsibility."

"Fiancee" yes. That word always made her happy. She tried hard not to smile. Although that didn't last long when she remembered that their marriage was only arranged in order to make peace for both their clans. The scarlet and the shadow clans have been in peace for so long. And one of the terms of their agreement was that every 10-20 years, one individual who is considered "best" in their clan, will marry the other. In this case hana was the best ninja in her clan and so was haya. The news were suprising, but neither of them minded since arranged marriges are pretty common. And in this case it was for the best for both of their clans. And it wasn't that bad since they were friends since childhood. And they knew this would happen at some point. It only started being awkward when hanabi started to have actual feelings for haya. But haya never seemed actually interested. But that girl kagura..she moved in a couple years ago and hanabi saw a new side to haya .with her he was always so delicate, caring.....he acted different around her and...

Her eyes suddenly shot open. Not wanting to remember the painful memories haya has caused her. Only to see haya and kagura looking at her.

"Oh. You're awake I see."
Said hayabusa.

Hanabi didn't respond. She only lowered her gaze to avoid eye contact. She knew he was dissapointed in her.

"Are you alright hana? It was a pretty close call right there.."

She sent kagura a death gaze. She knew this would hurt her she did. That sneaky little-

"Well. Let's not talk about that. Are you hungry? Did you need any-"

"Stop trying to act like nothing happened. Okay. I know. I know I messed up. Just leave me!"
Hanabi said furiously.

"She was just trying to help hanabi. Dont be so aggressive."
Said haya.

"Oh. Really?" She said sarcastically before she sat up.
"I just don't want to talk to anyone right now."

"O-okay I'm sorry."
Said kagura before bursting out of the room.

"Ugh. Dramatic.." hanabi thought she always acted so fragile for what?

"Hana!" Said hayabusa and got up from her bed side.

"Why are you always like this! She only wants the best for you. If she didn't save you back there, you would've-"

"What!? Are you trying to say I would die without her? You know that's not true!"
Hanabi said and she also got up even though she was heavily injured.

"You know what I'm trying to say."
Said haya

"What?"
Hanabi said

Haya didn't say anything and just turned around. He was about to leave but hanabi held his hand.

"If you have something to say. Say it hayabusa."

"Nevermind. There is nothing to-"

Hanabi furiously held his shoulder and turned him around making him face her.

"Say it!"

"YOU'RE WEAK. HANABI."

Hanabi paused.

"EVEN THOUGH KAGURA IS NEW. SHE STILL FIGHTS BETTER THAN YOU. YOU CAN'T EVEN LAST A SECOND WHEN YOU'RE WITHOUT US! I'M TIRED OF CARRYING YOU BEHIND MY BACK HANABI!!"

he shouted. He didn't realise how hurt hanabi was. He just wanted to get everything out of his chest.

"AND THEN YOU DARE AND DEGRADE HER WHEN YOU'RE THE ONE THAT'S DRAGGING US DOWN. SHE IS WAY BETTER THAN YOU. AND YOU KNOW IT."

Hanabi started shaking and couldn't hold her tears anymore. Her love, her bestfriend, her future husband was hurting her so much.

"YOU KNOW WHAT? I ALREADY TOLD MASTER TO GET YOU KICKED OFF FROM OUR GROUP. AND THAT ME AND KAGURA SHOULD BE THE ONLY ONES TO FIND THE AKUMA ANYMORE I-"

That's when he paused and locked eyes with hanabi. And her teary eyes.
Her nose was red and her hair was messed up. That's when he realised what he just said.

"N-no hana- I-I didn't mean to-"
He tried to hold her hand but she backed away and turned her head so he wouldn't see her cry.

"Hana please.."
Hayabusa said. Also Shocked by what he did.

"No. Stop. Did you actually tell master that? Am I out of the group now?"

Haya stayed silent but hanabi held his collar

"Tell me. Did you?"

"..yes..but that was just for your safety I-"

He was cut off when she slapped him.

"H-how dare you!"
She screamed.

"YOU KNOW HOW HARD I WORKED FOR YEARS TO EARN THAT SPOT! Y-YOU KNOW THEY WILL TAKE MY HINGANBANA AWAY AND Y-YOU STILL...YOU...FOR HER! FOR KAGURA! YOU DID THIS TO ME FOR..."

She couldn't continue anymore since she started crying even more. She just looked at hayabusa before running out of the room not caring about her injuries.

"Hanabi!" hayabusa yelled and tried to run after her but he was blocked by kagura waiting for him at the doorstep

"Oh haya I'm so upset pl-"

"Not now kagura!"

He pushed kagura out of the way and ran outside. But it was too late. Hanabi was already gone.

"Oh my hanabi...what did I do..."
He thought.

(AN= Hello all of you! Soo this is my first story ever and I'm so excited for it! I'll try and update as much as I can please leave suggestions or criticism for me to improve!)