chapter 22- Waterfall

Hanzo slowly opened his eyes, dried blood was all over his face and his shattered mask, but weirdly he didn't feel as much pain as he did before

He struggled to sit straight as his head aches painfully, his torso still half-healed. Looking down, he saw the spot where Hayabusa had injured him. His blade slicing clean through hanzo's torso, there was almost no scar left there now.

How was this possible? He knew how it was possible. He was conscious the entire time. He wasn't able to move but he heard. He heard a lot.

When hanabi was given the choice to marry Hayabusa, hanzo had already accepted his faith, he thought hanabi would say yes and they would live happily ever after, and leave him behind as a rotting corpse.

But when he felt hanabi's soft hands support him and carry him away, he was more than shocked.

And now there he was, laying down at God knows where stranded without his powers, hanabi was laying a little far away from him, her power drained to heal hanzo.

Seeing her, Hanzo gathered all his strength to get to her and sat up.

"Stupid girl. Why would you sacrifice your own power just to feed mine? Why.. "

Hardly making his way over to her, he was relived to see her breathing. But he couldn't ignore the huge slices and cuts all around her body. Because of her "blood sacrifice"

He shifted his gaze from her to their surroundings, even though he didn't know this area well, he could recognise it from his map, the map that was burned along with the rest of the village.

Just as he was looking around, he heard some murmurs coming from hanabi, they were loud enough for him to hear but he couldn't understand what she was trying to say.

Anyhow hanabi was now conscious and she slowly started moving

"Where.. Is hanzo.. "

"Huh? "

Hanzo stared at her for a second, before deciding to pick her up, but as soon as he reached in to grab her, hanabi jumped up and kicked him in the stomach.

"DON'T TOUCH ME YO-"

hanabi paused as she realised it was hanzo she kicked. Getting up in a panic, she tried to reach out to hanzo, who was now on the ground.

"Hanzo! I'm so sorry I thought that was someone else--"

"It's fine. " he answered before quickly getting back up.

Then they finally locked eyes after so long, the akward silence was still there, but they both didn't care any more. It was like they were now used to things being weird in between them.

Hanabi was the first to break this silence.

"So uhm.. How are you feeling?"

She asked.

"I'm fine. Worry about yourself. "

He answered while staring at the cuts around her body, hanabi slowly looked down and noticed the wounds were now closed and sighed.

"Its fine. I'll manage."

Hanzo didn't know what he wanted to do, one side wanted to be mad at her, yell at her or scold her for being so careless, for risking her life and betraying her friends just for him. And the other side wanted to hug her, thank her for saving his life, and caress her wounds so they'd feel better.

Still, he didn't utter a word. He couldn't.

Hanabi then reached out for the half burnt map, and started examining it.