Chapter 16- Closure

"GIVE HIM BACKK!"

hanabi screeched.

Hanzo was holding Yuki hostage now and he wasn't giving him back.

It has been two days since he started to treat her like a normal person. She was happy about that but his jokes were starting to annoy her.

"what? We need the food. If you don't want me to eat him you better make an offer"

Hanzo replied as he was holding Yuki up and out of hanabi's reach.

Hanabi tried to grab him but failed.

She backed away and pouted.

"fine. What do you want in return?"

Hanzo eyed her up and down before saying,

"that hinganbana."

"haha very funny."

Hanabi replied. She took this chance to kick him and Hanzo lost his balance, causing Yuki to fall. Luckily hanabi caught him just in time.

"see what you did? you made him scared!"

Hanzo started laughing at how angry Hanabi was over a little rabbit's feelings.

Hanabi stared at him for a second until she noticed the pitch black sky.

"hmm. We should go to sleep I think. It is very late."

Hanzo stared at her and turned around.

"you.. Saw the rain clouds right?"

He asked.

"yeah.. I guess it's going to rain a lot tonight...... It's fine! You go sleep we will be fine."

Hanzo seemed hesitated but he turned around and entered the cabin.

It's not like he wanted her to freeze out there. Or at least that's what he said to her. There was only one room in the cabin and he wouldn't keep her around while he was sleeping.

these past days, they've been getting closer. They could be considered friends even. But she didnt expect him to trust her that much that he would allow her to be there while he slept.

Around some time later, When Hanzo was inside the cabin. It finally started to rain.

Hanabi couldn't take cover in the woods since it was too dangerous at night. She had to stay in front of the cabin. But the rain was pouring and she was getting colder.

She hugged the rabbit. Shielding his body with hers. As they got soaked in the rain.

She tried to shut her eyes and sleep. But the loud noises of the trees and the rain were making her uncomfortable. Not to mention that she was sleeping on the ground.

She was shaking due to the cold. But finally managed to sleep. If you could even call it that. Maybe she passed out again. Who knows? She was just glad that she got a small amount of rest.

Sometime later hanabi felt movement around her. She thought it might be Yuki so she looked around to find her rabbit. But he was nowhere to be found.

She slowly got up still not able to process anything while the rain was pouring. She started to panic not able to find Yuki.

She was about to get up when she felt strong arms wrap her body.

She looked up and she saw him.

Hanzo. But it was different.

He didn't have his mask on.

"what are you doing-"

He hushed her and started carrying her towards the cabin.