Chapter 9- Gone

(A/n: helloooo guys I know I've been gone for a long while now. I just didn't feel inspired to write anything and I didn't want to rush it either. So sorry for the wait!)

Hayabusa felt weird.

Very weird in fact.

He woke up feeling like something was off. But couldn't figure out what.

The feeling started eating him as he tried to focus on his morning routine. After numerous attempts at brushing off, hayabusa finally gave in to his instincts and got out of his room.

"Hanabi."
He thought. That was the thing that was worrying him. It had to be. He was going to let her rest more but the selfish desire to see her was too strong.

He carefully knocked on her door, hoping she would be awake.

No answer.

He knocked again, and again. Yet no answer. This was expected ofcourse. She must've been sleeping. Or was she still knocked out?

Quietly opening her door, hayabusa noticed the messy enviroment of the place right away.

That was so unlike hanabi. She would never leave her room messy. Her master would be mad at her.

Walking in and closing the door behind him, he noticed the scattered clothes on the floor. So unlike her. He carefully hopped over the clothes as he got to her side table.

He remembered her room rather clearly. He came here almost every night before. Whenever he was sad or stressed. He would come to her room so she could comfort him.

"That ofcourse was before we....."

He stopped and felt a ache in his heart remembering the times he was close to hanabi. With time, he came to think that having friends were rather weaknesses. So he drove himself away from everyone.

Just then, he noticed her bed was also unmade. Reaching out to lift the sheets, he pulled them. Only to see there was nobody in there.

He started to get worried. He already asked the guards this morning if hanabi has gotten out of her room. And the guards assured him she didn't leave her room once.

Right when he was about to leave, he noticed some pictures scattered around the floor.

He leaned down and picked one up. Then he saw it was one of his childhood pictures with her.

His heart ached once again.
"Why would she take these down?"

He thought. Hoping this was some sort of misunderstanding.

Then he heard someone knock on the door

"Uhm..sir? Your master called you to his room."

The guard said from behind the door.

"Y-yea I'll be there in a second."
Hayabusa managed to say.

He took the photo and put it in his pocket then left the room.

"Oh..hayabusa. sit down."
Master said as he saw hayabusa approaching.

Hayabusa came closer to him and sat besides him.

"You called me?"

"Yes. Yes I did. My boy. I feel nothing but sorrow for you."

Hayabusa was taken aback.

"Uh. Why? Did something happen?"

He noticed his master was avoiding his gaze as he slowly pulled out a piece of paper from his back.