Chapter 15- Glad

Hanzo was at the river now. He was taking a bath. He left his stuff by a tree and he was just sitting. Enjoying the water softly move around him.

He leaned back and tried to relax. It's been a long while since he did that.

He noticed that having Hanabi around made him more alerted. Even though he kept her outside, he still watched over her at night. But he wouldn't let her know that.

Brushing his crimson red hair back, he touched the new scar on his shoulder. The one that Hanabi gave him. It should've healed long ago.

Even though the river was flowing, the weather was dull and calm. So he didn't sense any danger. He was too busy enjoying this moment alone.

Just then, he heard some soft humming not so far. He immediately recognised the person. It was Hanabi. Humming to a song that belonged to her clan.

He was about to hide behind some bushes, he didn't want her to see him without his mask. But she wasn't headed towards him. Instead, she walked towards the opposite side, and took her shoes off.

Then she pulled out her hinganbana and stepped into the water.

This atmosphere felt familiar to Hanzo, just like the days where he would follow her around just watching her do anything and everything.

She then started to look around. And rose her hinganbana high up. After some time. She threw the weapon in the water. And managed to pull out a dead fish.

He was impressed by her fishing skills. He didn't think such a privileged girl like her would know how to do that.

After finding 4 fishes, Hanabi stepped out of the river, gathered her stuff and left.

Hanzo kept sitting there. He tried to get away from her yet she always ended up right near him. But seeing her made him remember that they didn't go hunting for food this morning. Was he putting his emotions before his actions? He needed to stop acting like this or else she would surely notice.

Getting hungry, Hanzo got up and dressed. Before leaving to go back to
The cabin.

Suprisingly, when he got there he saw Hanabi cooking the fish she caught. But there were two cooked fish she put aside.

When she noticed him. She looked at him for a second. Then looked back down.

"hey umm you didn't eat so I caught some fish for us."

Hanzo was shocked.

"you...hunted for me?"

He asked.

"yeah I mean.. You do it all the time too."

Hanzo tried to hide his face but he was very VERY flustured. To think that the girl he almost killed this morning cared enough to get food for him was very weird to him.

Before Hanabi he always only cared about survival. But with her by his side. He felt less lonely each day that passed by.

He sat down next to her and started eating. But his mask was making him struggle.

Hanabi glanced at him and asked
"so.. . You can take it off right? Or is it like attached to your face or something?"

"obviously it's not attached to my face. You dumbass."
Hanzo replied.

"well.. If you don't feel comfortable with me looking... I can turn around!"

With that, she turned her back against him and kept eating. Hanzo was again surprised by her kindness. But he accepted the offer and took his mask off. It was too hard for him to eat that way.

After they were done. Hanzo wore his mask and said

" you.. Can.. Turn around now."

Hanabi slowly turned around and faced him again.

"umm.. Do you think..."

She paused so Hanzo asked

"what?"

"do you think I've.. Improved?"

Hanzo stayed quiet for a second.

"yes. Flower you've improved a lot."

Hanabi looked up and gave him a soft smile. Which made Hanzo's heart almost melt.

She turned around and picked Yuki up.

"his injury is way better now. I still don't wanna let him go though."

Hanabi chuckled.

"what? Are you gonna go battle with that thing? "

"stop calling it a" thing" it feels hurt. "

Hanzo giggled.

"it can't understand me."

"what if it can? You would have to apologise."

Hanzo looked at Hanabi. Then down at the rabbit. He was looking at him with his big black eyes.

"whatever...but I recommend you don't get too attached to him. Those things have a short life span you know."

Hanabi's eyes widened as she stared at the rabbit.

"hey! That's not true."

Hanzo smiled at her and got up.

"okay. It's time for us to train again. You ready?"

He asked.

"yeah.. I guess.."
Hanabi replied.

Hanzo extended his hand towards her. She took and got up.

"you know.. You don't seem to be... That cold today."

Hanabi said as they started walking towards the woods.

"I'm not cold. I'm distant."
He replied.

"same thing!"

She said.

Hanzo laughed and said,

"nope. Flower they are very different."

Hanabi smiled at him and said.

"well. I'm glad you're not like that.. Today at least.."

Hanzo looked at her and looked back up. Avoiding her gaze,

"maybe...I'm glad too."

You could say this was one of those days his sword or his demons had less control over him. Or simply he appreciated Hanabi's presence.