Chapter 3- hayabusa

Walking out of hanabi's house with a dissapointed face, hayabusa has been looking everywhere for hanabi for the past 2 hours. He has looked everywhere. Yet no trace of hanabi. He has messed up seriously messed up.

He sat on the stairs to the house and ruffled his hair furiously. He can't believe he said all those, how could he be so rude? What killed him the most were the look in her eyes. How hurt she was. How much he has damaged her trust that he worked years to gain.

"Umm, haya?"
He heard kagura's voice

He hummed in response.

"What are you doing here?"

"Nothing."

Kagura got close and sat next to him

"Are you alright? What happened back there?"

"It's....fine..."

Kagura scooted closer and put her head to his shoulder which kind of made him uncomfortable. He didn't like physical contact but he didn't say anything.

Kagura slowly reached out and grabbed his hand before speaking

"You know...hanabi was very rude back there...did you tell her about having her out of our gr-"

"That's not happening." Hayabusa said and took his hand back from her grip.

"What? But you said-"

"What I said before doesn't matter. I just said that at the heat of the moment. She's sticking with us."

Kagura was mad but she didn't show it and got up.

"You know, haya. We are risking both ours and her life by doing this. She obviously can't fight anymore. Plus, looking for the akuma ninja is a sneaky job, we can't go around with 3 people. 2 is ideal. And she's not cooperating."

Haya didn't look at her.

"No. She's just as compatible. I'm sorry she's mean. But she has worked for this spot her whole life. We can't leave her behind."

"What? Do you know what you're saying? You're the one that told me she was-"

"Like I said kagura. What I said doesn't matter. I was just angry. She's staying with us. That's final."

"You're being so unfair haya-chan! First she gets to be your duo partner and then your wife! And now when we are finally about to be an actual duo, you bring her back! Can't you see she is only a burden to us?!"

That hit his nerve and haya furiously got up and held kagura's shoulder tightly.

"H-haya-chan it h-hurts"

He didn't care and tightened his grip

"Don't you dare speak of her like that. Kagura. She's my wife. Know your limits."

He spat before letting go of her harshly. Hanabi might be many things. But she isn't some sidekick. And he isn't letting anyone not even kagura disrespect her behind her back.

He looked at kagura's now teary eyes before continuing his search to find hanabi,only to be blocked by kagura yet again.

"N-no haya-chan! P-please don't leave me I'm sorry!!"

She started crying and threw herself to haya's chest. Clinging onto him.

Haya tried to push her but her grip only got tighter and she started crying more. Finally he gave up and patted her head.

"Stop it. I'm not leaving you. But neither am I letting you disrespect my wife. Please. Kagura. You know I care for you. Don't do this to me."

He said.

"I promise I won't haya-chan!"

She said and hugged his neck. With haya returning the hug.

He likes kagura. Not as a partner but as a sister. So he can't help but feel bad for her when she cries. She can be careless sometimes but she's still a good person and he knows that.

Kagura is so bubbly and nice. She reminds him alot of a little sister. So he feels like he always needs to protect her. And be by her side at all times. Yet. She's not close to hanabi. Hanabi is something else for him. She's not cheerful. But she is caring. She doesn't try to appear nice but she helps people regardless If they're aware or not. She doesn't even realise her beauty. He also knows she's very powerful.

That's why he lashed out on her. He knows if it was kagura who failed, he wouldn't be disappointed. Because defeating the akuma ninja is something she couldn't do. But it is something hanabi could do. She just wastes he potential by being reckless and that bothers him. He just wants her to be the best. Like how she deserves. He doesn't take care of her because he knows she's a powerful individual who can take care of anything.

Although that comes off as him not caring for her, he does. He just doesn't show it, like he does to kagura.

When he came back to his senses,he let go of kagura and told her
"I have to go now. I have somewhere...well...someone to be with."

With that he left but stopped dead in his tracks when he stepped on something.

When he stepped back and bent down. The horrible realisation hit him. He picked it up and tears started forming in his eyes.

As he realised it was the bow that he gave to hanabi. She took off and threw the bow. Now he knows how serious this is. And he started running as fast as he could to gain back his best friend. With the bow in his hand.