chapter 24-(A) Home

•.:°❀×═════════×❀°:.•

What does it take for a place to be called home? Should it be warm? Should it have food? Well, for where hanabi was staying at, the place had neither of those things. It was cold, old and likely to collapse at the slightest wind, yet. It felt close to her, strangely, close. She's always heard the words. "Home isn't a place, it's a person." From her mother, but how could she believe such fairy tales? Not like she felt like she belonged anywhere in her life, she probably did but it never seemed to last. She thought she belonged in the clan of her village, she was the best ninja there after all right? They couldn't function without her... But then, hayabusa showed up. Took everything she knew away from her. He was the new "best ninja" so what was her use there? Not like anyone came after her because they missed her. Then why would *he* come after her? After all this time, and all the words he had said to her. Why would he?

Even though she tried her best to hide her thoughts from Hanzo, the more time she spent alone, the more she got lost in her own thoughts, as always. Her mind being her own murderer. Hayabusa was after her yet she was on the run with her nemesis. How funny.

This thought earned a chuckle to escape from her lips. Hanzo's gaze immediately snapped towards her, he had a very confused look on his face. As if she was crazy. Maybe she was, she was laughing at non-existent things after all. But that's what she got for being around Hanzo so much. Maybe she lost her sanity, who cares? She can still put up a good fight.

"So, it finally happened"
Hanzo's deep voice was heard. He was sharpening one of his blades by the river, while hanabi was sitting not so far away from him, munching on a fish they caught and cooked earlier.

"What happened?" She asked, taking another huge bite from the fish, the food which she used to love back in her hometown now just tasted like flesh and river water. She was honestly getting sick of eating fish almost everyday but, what else could they do? Hanzo refused to try the berries they found in the woods last week, but Hanabi was confident they were safe. Only if they actually were, she wouldn't have gotten an allergic reaction and forced Hanzo to take care of her for three days as she layed in bed, doing nothing. She chuckled again, the vivid sight of Hanzo carrying her around like a baby was also very funny to remember.

Hanzo looked at her again, his confused expression now turning into an annoyed one.
"You finally lost your mind, welcome to the gang flower. Do you have imaginary friends too?"

Hanabi rolled her eyes at Hanzo's statement. She didn't need imaginary friends, she already had a lot of them. And she was running away from them to stay with him. Yet she wouldn't admit this out loud, if anyone asked, she would just tell them she's running to protect her pride. Not to protect the serial killer ninja everyone was looking for.

After a bit of silence, Hanzo spoke again, assuming that he somehow made her upset.
"You know, I was just jokin-"
"I know."
She smiled. Looking at his direction and meeting his eyes with hers. Hanzo took a few seconds to look away. Exactly 3.02 seconds. That's a close one to their last time.

Hanabi seemed to count whenever their eyes met, she did this unintentionally. Not like she cared, but each day hanzo seemed to avert his eyes faster and faster. There was no way he was flustered, right?

Hanabi noticed a small noise behind her, it was like a bush had moved. Hanzo didn't seem startled by it, he was too focused on his blade, hanabi was tempted to follow the noise, but it might have been just an animal or wind.. Should she follow the noise or stay here with Hanzo?

A) stay
B) follow the noise

(If you ship Hanzo with Hanabi, then continue off this chapter with option A, if you ship Hanabi with Hayabusa, continue off of option B (chapter 25) which will be released later on!)