Chapter 8- Deal

Slowly opening her eyes, Hanabi was now fully awake. But this time she wasn't feeling any pain..luckily.

She looked around and noticed she was now in her own room.

That made her happy. Finally her room. But how was she even here? Oh. Yeah. She remembered facing hayabusa before fainting in his arms. He must've carried her here and healed her.

"He must be worried"
She thought as she was about to get up, but she paused and remembered her promise.

"Get...over...him" she quietly said.
As she decided she was not going to talk to him anymore.

She turned around to see no sunlight on her window. How long was she out for?

She looked at the clock and noticed it was around 1 at midnight.

She immediately remembered about her deal with the demon.

It seemed like the only way to gain back her reputation apart from marrying hayabusa. But was she really going to do that? Was she really going to marry a man that didn't love her? Only for the sake of her masters or her inner child that was still in love with him?

No. She wasn't that miserable. If she wanted her respect back, She had to do it in a respectable way. Not by marrying someone. But by proving she is a powerful ninja.

Finally making her decision, she got up and started getting ready for her leave. Hanzo has said that the raiders would he here in around 2 weeks. So she had to move earlier than them.

She looked at the mirror as she noticed the bow on her hair. How is it still back there??

"I thought I..whatever."
She thought. A little bow on her head wasn't her priority right now.

She was finally ready. As she was about to leave, she paused.

"I need to take care of something first." She thought as she got out and walked towards her master's room.

-------Hanzo POV

It's been an hour since he has been waiting here. What was he even hoping for? Did he really want her to show up? He didn't know why he suddenly made that offer to her out of nowhere. It's not like he needed her help. Yes he did need "help" but why her? He could've threatened the best assassins to help him. Yet he made that offer to her.

"Maybe it was because of her emotional strength."
He thought. All the time he has been watching her, he noticed how she bared all the pain. The emotional abuse from her master's and the shameful looks from her elders. Not even counting the ignorant words from that shadow ninja.

That could've been why he was so amused by her.

But after the second hour, he was sure she wasn't going to show up. Maybe she already alerted her masters to come here and kill him. How could he trust her?

He was about leave when he heard

"Wow. Giving up so easily huh? Akuma."

He turned around to see hanabi. She was panting but still held her head high.

He was happy to see her. But why? Why was he happy to see a girl that he was going to kill when he was done with her? These feelings confused him

"I didn't think you'd show up."

"Then why did you wait?"

He paused, she was right. He did wait here for hours even with no hope. Was he getting too soft for this girl now?

"Not that it matters, but I hoped you would."
He said as he jumped down from the tree. His face now fully visible to her.

"I see you've made your decision. Are you finally leaving those weaklings behind?"

Hanabi glared at him as she turned her head

"I'm not leaving them. I'm doing this for them."

She turned back and locked eyes with him.

"Now tell me what I have to do protect them."

He smirked under his mask and drew closer to her.

"Alright. So we have to go to the north ends of the forest beyond. Then we have to wait there for around a week. They should be closer to that area. And then we ca-"

"Wait. A week? Am I going to stay with you for a week?!"
She said in shock.

Hanzo tried so hard not to laugh.

"Yes. Flower. What? Do you not want to sleep in my arms?"

He said watching hanabi's face heat up even in the dark. The moonlight reflected from her eyes as she spat

"W-why can't we just ambush them and get this over with?"

"Because you need some training. You dont expect me to let you go out there with your old training right?"

She paused. And thinked for a second before turning around.

"Fine. But don't try and get close to me."

She said. Hanzo's gaze darkened as she swiftly disappeared into a shadow. Then reappeared but closer to her. Way to close.

He grabbed her waist and drew her closer to him. Their faces inches away.

"Or what? I'm close to you. Aren't I?"

He saw her blush in the sparkling moonlight.

It was almost...cute. to him

He got flustered and let go of her as he turned the other way. As hanabi was too stunned to speak.

"...don't tell me what to do. Flower.."

An awkward silence fell as the both of them avoided eye contact.

"Okay. Let's get going."

He said and started walking into the forest. With hanabi following him from afar.

"Oh this is going to be fun." He thought.