Chapter 10- Long way ahead

"You're insane."

Hanabi spat out.

"What? I thought you would be able to handle this much."

Hanzo said. Hanabi was looking down at the huge valley infront of her. Her hands were on her knees, trying her best to rest a little.

They've been travelling all night and didn't stop once. Hanzo was comfortable as he just walked, but due to their height difference hanabi had a rough time catching up, and now there he was, saying they had to walk all the way through the valley to take a break.

Looking down, sweat dropped from hanabi's forehead. She thought they would either sneak into a carriage or steal some horses to get to their destination, but nope. They walked. For hours non-stop.

"What? Is the little ninja tired?"
Hanzo said as he bent down to take a look at her face.

All this time they haven't talked much. Other than hanabi complaining and hanzo sarcastically poking fun at her ofcourse.

Still panting, hanabi said
"So is this how you travel all the time? You just walk around?"

"Quite frankly, yes. Flower. I didn't grow up in fancy carriages like you. Plus, it's easier for me to look for prays this way."

Hanabi looked away and didn't utter a word.

She felt bad, it was true she grew up more privileged than the others, but that didn't mean she had to walk for miles!

Still she didn't say anything, not wanting to accept defeat.

A second later, Hanzo turned around as hanabi thought he would walk away . But instead, she felt her someone grab her from her waist.

Before she could do anything, Hanzo threw her over his shoulder and kept walking.

"W-WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?"

"You said you needed some rest, so there. Don't get used to it."

Hanabi tried to release from his grip, but he didn't budge.

"HANZO. LET ME DOWN THIS INSTANT!"

Hanabi protested as her face got redder and redder. But hanzo ignored her threat.

They used to be somewhat friends when they were kids, if you could even call it that. They only talked once or twice, but weirdly hanabi felt comfortable around him. When she found out he was the traitor, she felt sick to her stomach. Just thinking the innocent boy she grew up with turned into a monster. But now, she still somehow wasn't afraid.

After ten long minutes, she stopped struggling and let him carry her. She was still flustered but she had to admit that she needed this rest.

She hung her head down from his shoulder and closed her eyes.

"Maybe...it's not that uncomfortable.."
She thought.

She started wondering what hayabusa was doing. Was he looking for her? What would happen if he saw her now, like this? She quickly stopped herself from overthinking and focused on something else.

Hanzo's mask was slightly touching her waist. She felt the cold steel poke her from the back. Even though they've been walking for hours he never once took his mask off. Not even to breathe properly

She wondered if his face has changed throughout the years. Well, ofcourse it did. But how? She couldn't help but be curious.

She was so deep in her thoughts that she accidentally started falling asleep.

"Sleeping? On your worst enemy's shoulder? Great work, hana..."
She thought before she wandered off to sleep.

That ofcourse, only lasted for a couple of minutes before she felt her body being thrown to the ground.

Wheezing in pain, she looked up to see Hanzo staring down at her.

"why the fuck would you do that!?"
She spat.

"What? You thought I would carry you all the way? Sorry flower. This is all you get."

He started walking away from her,as hanabi struggled to get up. Her back ached in pain from being thrown to the hard ground.

She almost got up but fell right back. It hurt like hell.

She looked up and saw hanzo already ahead from her.

That's when she reminded herself,
"Don't trust him"
She finally pulled herself together and started trailing after him, even though she was now Limping.

She would never, ever allow herself to be weak around him again. Not after what he did. She was furious, but she kept it in. She was only here for her village. And she didn't have time to build any friendships with this monster. She wanted one thing, and she would do anything to get it.