Chapter 13-away

"WHAT!?"

Hanabi yelled as hanzo sushed her.

"hey keep it quiet!"

"no way I'm letting you EAT A RABBIT."

They were in the bushes now "hunting" as Hanzo suggested. Yet Hanabi's love for cute animals stopped her from killing any of them that they found.

"come on you stopped me from eating that bird and now this rabbit? What are we gonna eat then?"
Hanzo asked. Thanks to hanabi they've been starving.

Hanabi looked around and asked

"aren't there any... Fruits we can eat here?"

Hanzo couldn't hold back his laugh.

"what.. You think some fruits are gonna help us gain strength? We need MEAT. and I'm about to get it."

He said as he turned around to see the rabbit still standing. As he was about to approach the rabbit hanabi jumped up.

"NO. NOT HIM."

she jumped right in front of the rabbit which made Hanzo sure it would run away. Hanzo got up from his hiding spot and looked her dead in the eyes.

"Great. Now our last chance at getting food is gone. Good job flower."

Then he looked down and noticed that the rabbit was still there. It didn't run away. It was just.. Standing there. Looking at them from behind hanabi.

"why is it not leaving?" hanabi asked as she turned around and bent down to inspect the rabbit. It's fur was pitch black with spots of white fur around his face. But hanzo failed to find it.. Cute.

He watched as hanabi gently took the rabbit in between her hands.

" oh my god it's injured! Poor little thing!"
She said before putting it down to her chest and petting it.

"are you seriously petting our food?"

Hanzo asked. He found it weird how this reckless marksman had a soft spot for cute things.

"it's not food! Actually. It might be hungry. I will go find it some food."

"But we don't have any-"

"I'm sure it would enjoy some forest fruits!"

"are you actually-"

He was about to protest but hanabi was already on her way deep into the forest.

A couple of hours later. Hanzo was now cooking the fishes he found in a nearby river. Hanabi was still nowhere to be seen though.

He used this time alone to think about everything. Why was he so nice and patient when it came to her? He was never like this. He thought maybe it was because she was his childhood friend. But he started to doubt if it was only a friendly thing he felt towards her.

He has been watching her for months. His main plan was to track her down so he could steal her weapon. But now? He felt... Happy. Around her.

He was about to go look for her in the forest but he felt her presence close by. That interrupted his thoughts.

"hey guess what! There were alot of fruits in the forest! and I fed them to him! He liked it alot!"

Hearing her cheerful voice managed to bring a smile to his face. Though it was still covered by his mask.

He didn't say anything as he watched her get close and sit infront of him.

"he doesn't have a name still. I kinda suck at finding names. I had a fish once. His name was...fish. Hah. Funny isn't it?"

She looked up with he rabbit sleeping in her arms. What a sight.

"oh umm... Looks like you found some food... That's cool."

He could tell she was hungry. So he grabbed one of the fishes he was cooking and tossed it to her.

"there. You better not starve to death if you're gonna fight alongside me."

"umm. Thank you!"

She started to chomp on the food. But still managed to keep speaking.

"so what are we doing tomorrow?"

"training." hanzo answered.

"umm okay. How long is it going to take?"

"around a week."

"what? But didn't you say we should be there by two weeks?"

"I did. But it's getting cold. Also we just slaughtered a whole clan. We better stay hidden for a while. You still have alot of things to learn."

Hanabi stayed quiet for a minute.

"well can I keep him? The rabbit I... I can take care of him even if only for a week!"

Hanzo stared at her.

"I don't really care what you do with your free time."

Ouch. Way to go hanzo. Hurt her feelings even more you dumbass.

"well okay. Where am I staying?"

"here."

"wh-what? Outside?"

Hanabi asked in shock.

"that cabin is pretty small you know. And I like my personal space. You can lay here with all your animals and stuff."
Hanzo said before getting up and walking towards the cabin

"B-but you said it was gonna be cold!"

Hanabi yelled at him.

"yeah. I'm sure you can handle it."

Was the last thing he said before he closed the cabin door.

He never wanted to leave her out there. On her own. In the cold. But he had to stay away from her. Otherwise his feelings would take over him

Or maybe they already have.

(A/N = omg I'm sorry this was kind of a short chapterr. I've been lacking inspo for a while and I wanted to update so I don't keep you guys waiting! We also need a name for the rabbit lol. I will be adding more though. Thanks for reading ly!)

{AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!}