Chapter 14- Weakness

It has been 3 days now.

3 days since he has been stuck in this forest with her.

"Well atleast she isn't in here."

Hanzo thought.

He was inside the cabin cleaning his sword. While watching hanabi from the window.

She was sitting on the ground playing with the rabbit. She decided to name it yuki. When they weren't training or looking for food, she would spend all her time with that thing.

he was suprised that she was even awake.

They normally started the first duel by early in the morning.
So first days she couldn't even get up. She was also weak and hardly managed to stay up. But now she was awake waiting for him to tell her that it was time to fight.

Hanzo had to admit that she learned fast. Even in only two days she improved alot.

He finally gathered up the courage to get out of his cabin. The only place where he didn't have to be next to her.

Hanabi didn't notice as he opened the door and got out.

"Hey." Hanzo said.

Hanabi looked up and noticed him. Then she decided to get up and greet him.

"Heyy did you sleep well? In that cozy cabin? Because I didn't! I slept in the mud!"

She said sarcastically.

Hanzo chuckled. He liked this side of her.

"Is it time to duel?"

Hanabi asked to break the silence. That's when hanzo realised he has been starting at her.

"Um yeah let's uhh start."

Hanabi gently put yuki down and started walking away from her "bed" that she made with leaves.

Then they both walked into the forest. It was too risky duelling next to their safe house.

They stood infront of each other and bowed before starting the duel.

Suprisingly, hanabi wasn't the one to make the first move. Instead she was in her defense position. Which made Hanzo...proud

At first she was so reckless and would always attack first but now she was calm and steady.

Hanzo decided to trick her and pretended to attack. But instead he turned around a tried to knock her off. But hanabi jumped up and kicked him in the jaw.

"Fuck-"
Hanzo said.

"Your moves are very...predictable."
Hanabi said and she slid behind him and tried to land a hit.
Hanzo quickly grabbed her hand and turned her around. But hanabi Squatted down and kicked him in the stomach.

Hanzo was distracted as hanabi threw a bunch of punches his way. And as a final move she threw her hinganbana across the air and managed to slice his shoulder.

Hanzo fell down and hanabi was still standing up.

Hanabi was shocked for a second. Maybe shocked that she managed to beat him? Or shocked that it only took her two days.

"WOOHOO. THERE. I BEAT YOU-"

But hanzo looked up and cutted her off.

"Don't...forget to...finish your target off.."

"wha-"

Right at that moment hanzo kicked her legs and grabbed her arms rolling her on the ground and she ended up underneath him.

"You still aren't good enough."

He said while holding him down.

Blood was dripping from his shoulder and both of them were panting.

He only managed to realise that they were too close when he saw her now red face.

He stared at her eyes for a second..or two...or three. He lost count a long time ago.

To think this girl...who he was supposed to despise...who probably felt nothing but hatred towards him..was now under him staring at him with her ocean blue eyes..made him feel..

"WHAT THE FUCK AM I THINKING"

He immediately got up and walked back. That was too much for him.

Hanabi also managed to pull herself together and get up.

"Well um uhh"

They both realised this was a very awkward situation and they pretended it never even happened.

"Soo do we call it even?"

Hanabi asked.

"Yes. Yes it's even Uh.. You go and.. do your thing I will have some rest.."

Hanzo answered. He then turned around and started rushing towards the cabin

"But aren't we supposed to look for foo-"

He didn't hear the rest as he shut the cabin door behind him

No doubt she got so close to beating him. She knew his weakness and tactics. Only because she was the first person ever to be around him for so long. And that made him scared. Scared that she might become one of his weaknesses.

Hanzo decided to take a bath. He was covered in mud.

So he decided to use the back door and left to find the lake that was nearby to wash his stuff.