Chapter 6- Apologies

(A/N:this almost had 60 reads now and I'm soo happy!!! Please let me know guys if you have any requests for the later chapters ♡ thank you as always!)

Gasping for air, hayabusa has been looking for hanabi all day now. He has now reached the final spot he could think of, their dueling spot. She must be here. She has to be.

"HANABI!!"

He yelled yet again. But there was no response.

Exhausted, he walked towards a nearby tree and sat down against it.
He didn't give up, but his body sure has.

Closing his eyes as he leaned back, he started thinking about his childhood memories with hanabi. How they would share their lunch under the cherry tree, and how they would sneak out at night to come here and duel. Even before they knew they would be in an arranged marriage, they had each other's back.

And now, this was all at risk. Their friendship was at risk all because of hayabusa. He couldn't stop thinking about what he had done.

That's when he felt something get closer to him, he was about to get up when he felt a body lean against his, he immediately recognised the sweet scent and tried to turn around and see her face, but he was stopped when hanabi said

"No. Don't look at me."

"Hanabi I'm so-"

"No need. I know you're sorry. I already forgave you"

That answer made him calm down a bit, as he carefully leaned back and grabbed the bow in his pocket so he could give it back to her.

"I've been searching for you all day."

"I knew you would be."

"You shouldn't be running away like that with your wounds still open."

Then there was silence again. As he silently cursed himself, he was supposed Apologize yet he was lecturing her again.

Then he felt hanabi put her head on his shoulder. Which suprisingly didn't bother him, but made him feel warm. He put his head back against hers and closed his eyes.

"I missed this."
He said.

"I missed...you....I don't know what happened to us."

Earning no response from her, he kept speaking

"I know I was horrible this morning, but you know what I said wasn't true..I don't think you're weak...I just.."

He was cut off when he felt something drip to his hands that were sitting on hanabi's lap. He opened his eyes to notice it was blood. He immediately got up and looked at hanabi but she was already passed out.

----

Laying her down in her bed, hayabusa
Couldn't help but tear up at the sight of his wounded fiancee. She must've been exhausted. She didn't eat all day and with those open wounds, it was a shock that she didn't die.

Luckily he was able to carry her back to her chambers and get her healed in time.

He sat back down on her bedside and stroked her raven black hair while gripping the bow in his hands.

He wanted to give this back to her and ask why she took it off. But he couldn't. Maybe it was an accident or maybe she did it on purpose...he didn't know. Yet this bow belonged to her.

Carefully caressing her hair he tied the bow back to her hair and kissed her forehead before getting up and leaving her room. He was grateful to have her back in one piece.

stepping out of her chambers, he ran into kagura. Who was waiting outside his room.

"Haya-chan!!"

Kagura said as she ran towards him.

Clinging to his arm she said

"I've missed you! You were gone all day!"

"I had to look for hanabi."
He said quickly.

"Oh..." said kagura, obviously disappointed.

"Well...while waiting for you...I ran into..umm...a door! And I hit my head! I need care...can you please help?"

Hayabusa shot a glance at her, she was clearly uninjured.

"I don't think it's a big deal honestly.."
He said.

"B-but it is! You need to take care of me haya-chan!! Please!!"

She clung tighter to his arm and stomped like a little kid.

Hayabusa obviously cared for her. But he wasn't going to put up with her attitude today.

"Take care of it yourself, kagura."

He then released his arm and opened the door to his room

"Why do you only care about her!"
Kagura said right as he was about to close the door. But hayabusa ignored her and closed the door anyway.

Kagura was a sweet girl..yet she wanted so much attention...suspiciously alot when he was around.

But he wasn't going to take care of her today. He was very tired and needed some rest for tomorrow as they were going to continue their hunt for the akuma ninja. He did his night routine and went right to sleep.

Meanwhile kagura didn't got to her room, instead she sneakily entered hanabi's chambers....