Chapter-7 Jealous

(A/N omg you guys I am SHAKING. I cant believe this has 96 reads and its also at spot 4 for the hanabi hastag. It's really up there with some of my favourite fanfic authors and it feels like a dream. But let's get to the next chapter now! I have many things planned for you guys. Hehe)

Successfully sneaking through hanabi's chambers, kagura entered the room.

Hanabi was lying in her bed peacefully as kagura closed the door behind her.

Kagura was really really upset. Upset that hayabusa was paying attention to hanabi and not her. Without looking at hanabi, she started to look around her room

The first thing she noticed were the pictures hanged up all over the room. They were pictures of hanabi's childhood. A picture of her as a baby, sitting in her father's lap.

And another picture of her mother and father's wedding day.

Her father was one of if not the strongest ninja their clan has ever seen. He was the beholder of hinganbana just like his grandparents.

The scarlet clan was the only clan in their village to possess such a powerful weapon. That alone made them very wealthy and royal compared to the other clans.

That ofcourse, was before kagura and her family moved here. Her umbrella that possessed many demons yet was so enchanting sparked the interest of many. And her family quickly became rather respected.

She kept moving while looking at some of the pictures. These ones had hanabi and hayabusa. They were laughing together.

Just seeing that one photo made her blood boil in jealousy. Why wasn't she the one that got to meet hayabusa as a kid? Maybe if she did meet him sooner, he would've taken notice of her feelings towards him. Yes that had to be it. If only she was here before hanabi...

She carefully reached for the picture and grabbed it. Placing it in her pocket as she moved along. Taking some more pictures of hanabi and hayabusa and stuffing them in her pocket.

Then she reached one picture where hanabi and hayabusa were around 12 years old. That was around that time where kagura moved here.

She smiled as she remembered the day where she joined their friend group.

She was very popular in school due to her wealthy family and her magical umbrella. Even though she didn't yet own the weapon, she was the next in line to have it. So many tried to befriend her.

She was pleased with the amount of attention she was getting. But she wasn't the best at duelling. Probably the worst at her school.

Before her family business failed, she was raised as a princess almost. Got all she wanted and didn't even fight once. But when they didn't have enough money to support that lifestyle, her father decided to move back to his old village.

That made her struggle with almost everything. Having to fight or train was challenging for her.

That day. She wasn't beaten up by anyone. Everyone was scared that she would use her demonic umbrella on them. That was until she had to duel hayabusa. A strange kid wearing a black mask. He wasn't scared of her and duelled her with his full power.

Afterwards. Kagura was beaten up hard. She didn't feel mad though. Instead, she was interested in this boy. She started watching him and noticed he didn't hang out with anyone except this one other girl.

This other girl wasn't like him. She was rather petite compared to him. But she was still an excellent fighter.
Kagura knew who she was. Her father has told her many times about hanabi

About how his clan and the scarlet clan have been fighting since ancient times about who has the strongest weapon. And that she had to be careful about hanabi. Since she was the first born she was going to behold the hinganbana in the future. Just like how she was going to behold her umbrella.

So they were always competing about everything in class.. that was until she wanted to befriend hayabusa.

She thought it would be easy. But he kept refusing to be around her and only hanged out with hanabi.

Those memories saddened her as she kept circling around picking the pictures of hanabi and hayabusa out one by one.

But finally after years of acting nice towards him and even hanabi. Hayabusa finally agreed to teach her how to duel. They spent alot of time together duelling. And they got closer.

Meanwhile hanabi was left alone. Then she started to change. Instead of smiling to everyone. She started to avoid people. She started wearing black and focusing on her skills only and nothing else.

A smirk appeared on kagura's face as she remembered her success.

She turned around and started walking towards hanabi's bed.

Hanabi became cold and locked her heart towards everyone. Even hayabusa. That drew them distant more everyday until they were like strangers. Until the day where the school master told them they would be the ones working together to catch the akuma ninja.

She got closer and looked at hanabi's face. She reached her hand out to untie the bow on her head. And was about to grab it but hanabi turned around in her sleep, causing the bow to slip away from her hand.

Now there hayabusa was. After all these years of being cold to hanabi. Still caring for her more than kagura.

Kagura felt so enraged.

Then she saw hanabi's hinganbana laying besides her.

She knew the hinganbana, just like her umbrella had some sort of spirit inside of it, but she didn't know how it completely worked.

Still she decided to try and grab it. But as she was reaching out. The hinganbana started to glow red.

Only got redder as she was closer. Kagura thought this was a sign and touched it only to be blown away by some sort of magic.

Her back hit the wall as she looked at her hand. That now had a large burn on it.

She wheezed in pain as she quickly got up and ran away. Scared that might've woken hanabi up.

Finally reaching her room, she got the first aid kid and tended to her hand. So this was it? Was hanabi always going to win? No. She wouldn't let that happen. She was going to get hayabusa's heart no matter what.
She looked at her hand and smirked as she thought of an excellent plan.