Chapter 19- Words

"I won again!"

Hanabi said as she was standing next to hanzo, who was laying on the ground as he was defeated in their duel once again.

It's been a week since they were in this little village, they would spend their day practicing, shopping and just hanging out together. Along with cooking different kinds of food everyday to get ready for their battle, she was now completely healed and healthy. So much that she could beat hanzo easily these last few days.

"gosh, flower that wasn't even fair!"

Hanzo claimed.

"you slept a full 8 hours today and I didn't. So that doesn't count."

After hearing him say that, hanabi couldn't help but laugh. The once mysterious and deadly akuma ninja was now whining when he got beaten. It was pretty ironic how close they got.

"oh stop crying, we still have to shop for dinner so get up."
Hanabi said and started packing up their practice stuff.

After their evening duel, now they were supposed to go shop for food. Preferably healthy ones to get as strong as possible before facing the assassins. This now became a routine to them.

Walking through the colourful shops in the village. Hanabi took some time talking and greeting the shop owners.

Hanzo was annoyed at how close she was getting to the locals, after all they were supposed to be as secretive as possible. But he couldn't say anything about it.

They also decided that holding hands while walking in the village would make it seem like they're a couple. So they were doing that even though both of them made it clear it meant nothing to them. It was a big deal the first few days but now hanabi didn't mind holding his hand at all.

Walking around,
Hanabi realised she felt strangely peaceful and safe in this village, she finally started to feel like she belonged somewhere where people didn't judge her for her status, and she felt like a normal person again.

This peace didn't last long however, when she saw the face of someone who she never wanted to see there.

Hayabusa.

Hanabi stopped dead in her tracks.

Hanzo was talking to a shop owner at the moment so he didn't realise.

Hayabusa and kagura were walking around the village square, talking to different villagers. It seemed like they were questioning them.

Hayabusa and kagura, clearly didn't try to hide their identity. As hanabi could clearly see kagura's long pale hair, and Hayabusa's vibrant red belt.

She was shocked but she quickly grabbed hanzo by the arm, and pulled him away to a corner

"what the--"

Hanzo couldn't say anything as she pulled him.

"what are you doing fl-"

"Shush"

Hanabj quickly put his hand over his mouth so he could stay quiet as she watched over kagura and hayabusa like a spy.

After a while, she saw that they were going to a different part of the village and watched as they left.

Finally removing her hand from Hanzo's mouth. She was greeted by his question

"what the fuck was that about?"

Hanabi gave him a very serious look and said

"hayabusa and kagura. They're here."

"what?"