|2|

Fayd sprawled on the bed in the darkness of the night with sleep way far away from his eyes

Fayd sprawled on the bed in the darkness of the night with sleep way far away from his eyes. He was excited that he was getting to go back to his parents but it got delayed because he agreed to help Adil with the new case. He palmed his face as he whined out of annoyance.

"You little shit." He cribbed to the air and tried to fall asleep for the umpteenth time.

There was silence everywhere, so much that he could hear the ticking of the clock. He would be having a long night before dawn broke out. Getting up from the bed, he made his way to the kitchen after throwing on a vest to make a drink. The entire house was packed and covered and nothing was really there, except for the things he was going to leave for Adil because that guy loved the flavoured and high caffeinated coffee and hazelnut spread that Fayd owned and they were literally the only things left.

He would have to go to the bureau in the morning to cancel his resignation. The aroma of brewing coffee wafted loosely in the air as he walked around the living room to get his airpods. The plan was to run till the sun came out and it did seem like he would be having a long time running. He grabbed the mug and sat down on a chair with a pen and notepad to write down the things he needed for home and cooking and while listing he flipped a page and found notes of something- notes that he had mindlessly written while thinking about a case, only the case was closed long ago.

"How the hell did I miss this out? Shit me." He growled and tore the paper and tossed it to a corner. His head hurt because of two continuous sleepless nights. He had yet to inform his parents that he was not coming back until after three months. Although he didn't need a reason, he must say it in the way that they wouldn't feel bad or feel that he was pressured, which infact he was.

"You better bring some breakfast for me or I'm eating your head." A voice text from him was sent to Adil. He switched apps and opened Spotify to play his exercise playlist. He changed into a t-shirt before stepping out in the air.

The air had the wetness of the night and the breeze was so soft on his skin that he smiled. It felt ecstatic and it was also one of the reasons why he loved stepping out. It gave him his needed space to be with himself and to think with an open mind.

It was hardly past four but he was running. Running away from the chaos of the job he once loved and admired. He ran away from the chaotic times when he had to disguise himself  to pry someone. The bursting red and bewitching white flowers in the park moved rhythmically with the wind, forming a peaceful ambience. The greens enhanced the beauty of the earth, while the wetness in the air refreshed his mind.

Far away from the place was a woman who sat on the beach with her eyes staring into the inkness of the sea. Fayd squinted his eyes to see better or to confirm that he wasn't imagining things. He sure was not. Dressed in a black leggings and a leather jacket, she looked like she was about to toss the world upside down. The paleness of her skin was like porcelain that he could feel the fragility from his place. He stared at her for a whole minute before he averted his gaze. Intrigued by the unknown woman, he found himself walking closer to her. The more he walked closer, the more he realized that she was unfazed by the world and too lost in herself to give a damn about anything. She gave out vibes that were of a leader— someone who had been ruling a kingdom. And before he could walk anymore closer, she stood up and left. Left like she was never there.