|33|

Secrets

Secrets. That was all her life consisted of aside from what she had grown to love. Ayat had been trying to perceive her life differently but it came to her every time she thought of moving on. With Asher back in her life, her chances of looking ahead of what surrounded her kept receding. She didn't know what to think of it. She had it all laid out in front of her yet it was like an ocean to figure it out. She wanted to trust. All that she wanted at that moment was someone she could trust and not someone who wore a mask. The one she trusted with her life and the one who raised and guided in her parents' absence turned out to be loyal towards Ibrahim Wajdani and his family. It was a bitter truth and it was even bitter to swallow the fact that she had been deceived by her.

Bibi jaan didn't know she knew. Bibi jaan thought she could keep things from her as long as she took a breath. Bibi jaan considered so much as nothing when it came to her. To think that she was alone with nobody to back her up crumbled the already broken pieces of her heart. There were secrets. There were secrets that beat inside her like beats of a second heart. There were secrets that wrapped around her like a second skin. There were secrets that were engraved in her bones. She wished magic and everything she read as a child was true. She wished someone would make her a magic potion that would erase all her sorrow. She wished. She wished because that was all in her might.

Ayat traced the rims of the old piano that she brought from a vintage shop. She wanted to show it to Fayd. She wanted to play for him and she wanted him to play- to play tunes that would speak with their unsaid words. Tunes that would make them fall in love with each other all over again. Tunes that would eliminate the world only for them to be born again as two individuals who could fall in love where even the word forbidden was forbidden.

She wasn't going to lie anymore. Ayat wasn't going to convince herself that she wasn't in love with him, for that would be a waste of his love too. She was in love– she was irrevocably in love with the man who carried most of her pain along with his own. She wasn't going to cower again. She would fall– she would hit the bottom but she would only find herself falling deeply in love with him. Perhaps that was the purpose. Maybe all that happened only to bring them together but just the thought of living with him made her heart flutter. A heart that had only known to bleed all these years– a heart that hadn't beaten in years. It was him who made it alive and she would do the same for him.

Fayd Malik was in a state where everything he felt was felt at heart. He masked and avoided all of it like a plague because he wasn't taught to deal with it. He wasn't taught to feel. It took him long enough to realize that he was indeed in love. She was teaching him to love and he was teaching her to accept herself as she was– to wear her scars and wounds and not be ashamed of it. He would stand at a breath's distance and look into her eyes, telling her to let go of the pain she held onto. He would hide her in the vastness of his chest, allowing her to melt down in his arms. He was doing the bare minimum but it all mattered. He was loving her in ways different from others made it exceptional. They would often talk about parting ways but that was all only talks.