|35|

No–Yazdan no

No–Yazdan no. Her heart jumped to her throat, threatening to stop as she heard the intention behind his words. The air around her strangled her throat and she choked on her own breath trying to grasp the little to no details he was giving her chacha. This wasn't what she had intended to have when she dared to fall in love again, she had started to believe that they were meant to be together and that he would fight the world for her. He really would- he was ready to fight for her and that made her love him even more because he was coming out of his trauma and breaking his past to be someone better for her.

She stood up when a scorching heat rushed through her body as though the cold couch in an air conditioned room was set on fire– her breath ragged. Taking the phone from Isaa's hand, Ayat began to stride towards her chacha's office threatening and telling Isaa and the receptionist off. She could lose the world. Ayat could lose herself but she could never lose the man who introduced love to her again. She was selfish- Ayat Wajdani was way too selfish to let the scarred man go from her life. If he went away, Ayat would have nothing to live for. He was healing something he didn't break. He was reviving someone he didn't kill yet still he was considering leaving her. Considering leaving her even after seeing what he had been doing to her. That hurt her. That killed her.

Ayat stood near the door, staring at the man dressed in black turtleneck and black denims- his black blazer lying next to him on the couch. A sharp pang of pain cut her heart into halves as she had recently learnt about his monochromatic world and from then on, how she wanted to be the colors he wanted to see and how she wished to paint his black and white world with millions of colors– with the colors he talked about and with the colors he couldn't feel. She looked down and traced his pendent. He would have adorned it over his turtle neck and it would have hugged his broad chest. The long necklace that laced around his neck now beautified her.

"Certainly. Yes." Ismael Wajdani took his time to answer Fayd's question and the world around her shook. Who was he to let her live peacefully without the man she loved? Who was he to decide her life. She had enough of people who wrote her life and she wasn't going to let anybody rule over her life.

The door blew open revealing the very raging Ayat standing there on the doorway, gripping– almost shattering Isaa's phone in her fist as she watched Fayd get up from his seat and scanned the level of her fury, "What do you think you are you doing here, Yazdan?" The tone, the voice– that small and loving voice that she used around him was replaced by the one that he heard when he saw her in the cafeteria. The woman that stood in front of him was not his Ruh but the woman who controlled an empire in the moving of her fist.

"How did you come here?" But it wasn't the man she was expecting an answer from. Her blood boiled from apprehension. She wanted to hold his hand and take him away from her world- from everyone who was making him look weak in front of the world when she knew he wasn't. When she knew he could brew a storm and not blink at it.

"How can you call him over to negotiate over my life?" Ayat shot back at her chacha without giving him a moment to speak. Ismael Wajdani was taken aback since this was the first time he saw his niece in her truest form and not in the one bibi jaan put her in.