|17|

Ayat's eyes were fixated on Farah who was running around the floor, doing everything she was told not to do

Ayat's eyes were fixated on Farah who was running around the floor, doing everything she was told not to do. They had a meeting in about an hour and even though most of the things were done, Ayat couldn't rest and was only able to think about the weaker side– ten percent were still there waiting to be done before the clients arrived. The air in the office had settled down and the employees were not standing on fire unlike old times when they would be yelled at if an unwanted word left their mouth.

The air, indeed, had settled down in her life after Fayd took off from the restaurant and disappeared from her life. She knew– Ayat could swear he had done something to feel that way. Hell, she didn't even know how he felt given nothing came out of his mouth and he hadn't met eyes for her to grasp something from them. She had known him for two months– long enough to know the boy she knew from her past. The boy that still kept the flower. How could he do that to her?

Her days, at home, were in vain as bibi jaan had tossed the entire house on her head, demanding Ayat to attend a family wedding and pestering Farah to clear her schedule for a week when in reality, she didn't want to do anything from her relatives. They were not there– not a single person was there when she needed someone to guide her, when a seventeen years old Ayat was forced to ascend on her father's seat, when her dreams of becoming a lawyer were being crushed. Nobody came to her rescue.

"Farah Khalid." She called out to her. Farah, who was printing copies, rushed to her, throwing the unwanted in the shredding machine with a grin.

Farah Khalid– a woman that reminded her of Adil. Their behaviours were very much alike and she could only think about the friendship they could have had if he was given a chance at life. It ached right in the heart every time she thought of him. Losing life at a young age was the cruelest thing that could happen to anyone. His brother and him were poles apart. That day when Fayd fled, she called Isaa to know about the situation and all that the a-hole did was hang up on her without a word, only replying to her with a sneer.

Isaa ke bachey. She growled, suddenly taken aback by herself. She was not like that. She was just picking Fayd's habits– one by one, slowly as the time ticked away.

"Yes bos– ma'am?" She glared at Farah for her habit of calling her boss. It made her feel like she was in some underground business and she hated the word for it and she was a woman, if she might add.

"Is everything ready?"

"Yes, I'll have someone to pick snacks from the cafeteria."

Ayat nodded, "Good."

And noticing her still presence in the vicinity, Ayat turned her focus back to her, raising her brow at her, "Woh, bibi jaan wanted me to send someone to bring yakhni for you from your home."

"What? Why?" She quizzed.

"Only you would know." Farah batted her eyelashes innocently. Farah would know, of course. Bibi jaan never left anything out from her when the person in question was Ayat.