|26|

"Seriously, why are you still here?" His voice wondered

"Seriously, why are you still here?" His voice wondered. She lifted her eyelids to find him staring at Isaa and Sayrah while his hands worked on the laptops they were setting up.

It had been five days since she had settled into the apartment and it didn't take that much to convince her family which she was thankful about although chachi jaan was quiet during the entire phone call and that was very unusual. Not wanting to think much about it, she shrugged it off so she could start working on the process of finding more about her own life.

"Beats me." Isaa growled. Isaa had no roots in the industry he had stepped into. She was told that Adil had to start the job so he could provide for his widowed mother after Isaa ran away to Denmark with his wife in the name of practicing medicine.

"We can't leave until Khalid sahb leaves." Sayrah said to him. Ayat held her gaze at the woman who loved the same man as her and however twisted it might sound.

"And he won't leave before Ayat." And for the first time in an hour, she caught his gaze falling on her. His gaze stood firmly on her for a whole second and the moment it started to soften, he tore it away as if she was a plague.

"And why is that?"

"If he is deliberate about this, he wants her to find out everything about her parents on her own, if not, just to prevent her from knowing more." He confirmed. He just confirmed her fear. Khalid sahb was doing everything on purpose. That night when he walked in on them fighting, he knew what they were doing and he for sure knew what that would bring if he took another step to reach them and opened his mouth to her.

"And he doesn't want me to help Ayat. I can say it from the way he is acting." She noticed the corner of his lip twitching up in dismay. A habit he had had and she had noticed recently.

"If he knows it, he can just tell her. Why waste our time and exhaust our energy?" Isaa was a certified jerk-ass and she hated how right his words were nothing but true.

"Most cases often end with promises. Maybe he promised someone or her parents that he can't tell her directly?" Fayd voiced his doubt, incredulity lacing his tone.

"Promise?" And for the first time in the entire session, Ayat opened her mouth. There was no need to keep anyone's promise when her parents were dead. It was her life they were talking about for god's sake. Why would anyone care about a promise made years ago anyways.

"We need someone to keep an eye on his movements– like tracking his IP address or planting a bug in his phone."

"Sayrah can do that." And as soon as Isaa finished his sentence, Ayat found her eyes going back to look at him to see how he looked at her. Ironically, the smile he had for Sayrah was warm. It stirred something in her, knowing the fact he knew she loved him.

"I'm not going to put Sayrah in danger, Isaa." He groaned, continuing to install a few softwares they would need, "And we need to create IP conflict or bomb our IP. Choose one though."