|32|

Sayrah's slumber was interrupted when the ringing of her phone blared near her almost, almost traumatizing her for the rest of her life

Sayrah's slumber was interrupted when the ringing of her phone blared near her almost, almost traumatizing her for the rest of her life. Refusing to open her eyes and ruining her beauty sleep, she decided to take the call with her eyes closed. She barely knew a handful of people in America and she didn't even know why she was still there although Fayd pestered her to leave for Pakistan for good. It was her own decision when Khalid sahb asked Isaa to travel to the States with him for half a year. She agreed even when she had no idea of it. The only thing she held about him was that he had flown down to America to never return again. It pained her so she took the first opportunity she had to see him one last time. To see him until she fell out of love.

"Subah subah phone kiya hai Allah maaf nahi karega." She spoke to the person on the line.

"It's five forty in the evening." A voice- a manly voice came from the other side and her eyes flew open. The sarcasm hinted at the person but the voice and the tone said otherwise. Sayrah looked around and realized that she had been resting in her chair and slept unknowingly. She cursed under her breath as she removed the phone from her ears to look at the name. It was a number.

"Do I know you?"

"What kind of question is that, Sayrah?" The pressing of y and r in her name gave away the identity of the speaker.

"Huzaifa?" Unsure in herself, she acknowledged, adding a chuckle to the end of her question to hide her uncertainty.

"I have to say I'm impressed." Huzaifa's chuckle resonated in her ears as she waited for him to tell the purpose of the phone call. Sayrah had met Huzaifa in Salaar's nikah after being found by him while standing alone in the corner. Going to an unknown man's wedding was something she preferred, nor was she prepared. So standing aloof, she was on her phone talking to her mother in texts, telling her that she really liked the new place.

"How did you get my number?"

"A man in business has connections that run deeper into the horizon." He laughed- an unmistakable gentle touch was present in his tone that she found herself smiling at it.

"There must be a reason to use that connection to find my number, no?"

"Precisely." He replied. Sayrah insufflated because everything about this was twisted. For a person who had been digging up people's past for a living, it was way too easy to say it. She should have just stayed back in Pakistan. She regretted it but she couldn't get herself to have enough of the man she loved. This was her last chance. She could never see him once boarded the flight to Pakistan.

"Can we meet for a coffee? I have several questions to ask you." He said. She certainly had no clue what to say to him. She was aware- Sayrah was very much aware of Fayd's drilling and how deeper he had gotten so far so agreeing to go out with Huzaifa might make it hard for them later on. She nibbled on the insides of her cheeks as she thought of ways to reject his invitation.