|7|

Fayd sniffed as the blood oozed out of his nose even when he wiped it twice with the back of his hand while looking around for tissues

Fayd sniffed as the blood oozed out of his nose even when he wiped it twice with the back of his hand while looking around for tissues. Standing in the middle of the second floor, he could only see an almost empty lobby and an empty nurse station; he knew he needed to sit to get a grasp on himself before he could collapse. Fayd loathed nose bleeds, for they reminded him of old mortifying days where he was tortured and where he acted back like a lifeless monster.

"I'm going to look for a doctor." Without another word, Adil stepped back and turned around only to be held back by Fayd.

"Don't."

"This is the third time in two days, don’t convince me to think it's normal because it's not." He said, fear lacing his tone. Adil, being himself, could imagine different reasons as to why his nose bled but the answer was stress.

He didn't know that Fayd's nose bleed whenever he was stressed. His nose bleeds were connected to a misery– a torture that he hadn't talked of. Of something that trembled his core everytime he thought of it. Of something he didn't think he could move on from. Of something that left him traumatized.

"It's stress," He said as he sniffed, "It's a common symptom." Oh, how it was not. Nobody deemed it important to talk about traumatized kids' mental health. No one thought it was necessary to bring them to someone they could talk or open up to. No one ever saw the importance of relieving stress. Nobody knew that a child could hurt too.

"Dare you open your mouth about this to ammi." He muttered before walking up to the nurse station and grabbing a handful of cotton and stuffed it in his nostrils. His nostrils burnt with the metallic stench the blood was leaving behind. His throat closed up on him, leaving him coughing. And all that he could think of was the ways to relieve his stress.

"I'll take this from here, go to Nazeem sahb." He sniffed and patted Adil's shoulder. Adil narrowed his eyes at him, removing Fayd's hand from his shoulder and scowled mockingly.

"You piece of nasty crap, only because I begged you to take the lead doesn't mean I'm backing away. I need to learn things, you're leaving anyway." He croaked, taking a step away from him. He knew Fayd didn't want Adil to see him manipulating someone for their purpose. He had never done it before him. He would always have Adil do something else while he was at it. And he knew Fayd blamed himself for not letting him learn work.

Taken aback, Fayd stared at him for a second before nodding in acknowledgement. It was highly rare that Adil ever lost his shit. Fayd patted his shoulder as he took a step forward, walking towards bibi jaan's room. He wasn't trying to be intrusive, no, he wasn't but the need to know about her burnt him like an old fire- one that had been burning for years and years. He would run and run only to come back to the same fire. The way she flinched away the moment she realised was when he realized that indeed her life was at stake and the sender wasn't just playing games with her. He had been in his profession just long enough to know about their intentions.