|11|

Fayd fixed his glasses as he stared into Sayrah's screen with one corner of his mouth twitched upwards and one brow arched up, trying to process the report they wrote on their last investigation

Fayd fixed his glasses as he stared into Sayrah's screen with one corner of his mouth twitched upwards and one brow arched up, trying to process the report they wrote on their last investigation. His nose scrunched up as he directed his focus on the screen, unknown to the storm he was wrecking inside the girl sitting between the desktop and him. Her heart had rosen up to her throat, threatening to jump out of mouth any moment as she held her breath– her body turning steel every second. His cologne churned her stomach and she wanted to throw up. It was too much for Sayrah to take.

"Well done. A well written report, congratulations Sayrah." He smiled widely at the girl, ruffling her already ruined her. It was her first time writing a report, for they hadn't deemed her fit. She was a fresher and freshers tended to make mistakes they said.

"Thank you." She breathed as she saw him walk away and released whatever breath she was holding back, touching the place he stroked just a moment ago.

Moments and gestures like these pulled her towards him even though she thought he was an unamiable jerk during her initial days. He would never back down from giving the appreciation she needed to function better in a work place. It had already been a few years and she could only wonder how time flew and how less time she had in her hands. He was leaving– he was leaving to never come back and she could only think about her life after his departure. There would be no one to save her from the senior officials' wrath. There would be no one to motivate her. There would absolutely be no one she could hang out with after work hours and there shall be no one that she could love as much as she loved him.

Fayd sat in a corner with his head ducked down, massaging his nape, his full rimmed glasses sat crooked on his nose as he dusted a layer of grime off his desk– his face scrunched in disgust. He sniffed and rolled his chair closer to his desk, starting to type right away. Things were getting closer to their destination and he was only a few steps away from finding everything about Ayat's past, for there were some hurdles that limited his access to her life. She wasn't just anyone, she was one of those who stayed continuously on tabloids for different reasons, mostly because she denied interviews and got called arrogant. He wheezed as he typed away that minute details he collected from various sources, turning out they were true only to some extent. He was getting to know her real habits and the guardedness of her walls now that she started to open up to him, thinking as a friend.

A month had already ended and even though they got closer to closing the investigation, his promise to find the menace that had been sending threats on a regular basis. At times, he noticed that the things that he used were repeated– he sent fake blood and voodoo dolls twice. And the fact that he was ready to bring that person out of hellhole for the woman that came as a butterfly on his glum evening was undeniable. He liked that woman even before he knew the meaning of it and he wasn't backing away from admitting it to himself. He could never deny taking a liking towards that woman no matter how shallow she had become over years and how icy she had grown to be. He just wouldn't deny it.