(64) [Angst...?] Are You Sure We Can't Give Kids Dynamite?

Title: Are You Sure We Can't Give Kids Dynamite?
•----•
Ship: X
•----•
Request: X
•----•
Pronouns: They/Them
•----•
Summary: Y/n is the same age as Tommy and Tubbo, yet they can't help but notice that while they have an alright childhood and have an overall great time so far, Tommy and Tubbo are fighting full wars.
•----•
Other:
•< Mention of injuries near the end, mostly vague but there.
•< Y/n is the child of Puffy, meaning they're siblings to Foolish and Dream, beloved by Punz, George, and Sapnap, friend of Tommy and Tubbo, Neutral Stance.

---

•< Mild warning, this is ish sad, makes you wonder a bit but that's all.

—–-–—

        Y/n was loved, they had a great parent, two brothers who were great, and life was good. Until of course, someone decided to start a drug van and off the war their brother went, dragging them along into the war effort. Y/n mostly just supported him from the sidelines of the war, didn't join in at all, and went about their work all while being babied by Puffy, Foolish, Punz, George, and Sapnap. The latter three had figured out Y/n was his sibling and went full protect mode on them since they hadn't done any wrong but were still part of the crew to them.

        For the most part, Y/n was mostly passive throughout the entire war effort. They farmed food, made stuff as a supplier like TnT, but that was mainly it. Never did they actually head to the front lines to fight since with so many trying to protect them and wanting to stay alive, they never saw a reason to go fight when nothing was to be gained from doing so except in cases where it was self defense. However, Y/n was a bit concerned that Wilbur had recruited Tommy and Tubbo who were their age, meaning still pretty young kids, to fight in the war with him.

        When the war had drawn to a close and L'manburg had won their independence with a final diss to Dream, they tried to be friends with Tommy and Tubbo, giving them food as apologies along with gifting Tommy his third disc, Pigstep. While of course, classic Tommy wasn't exactly open to being friends with someone who'd directly opposed him in a war that he fought so hard for–even if they'd only been supplying the people actually fighting–he eventually caved after Tubbo begged him to give Y/n a chance to be friendly.

        Y/n was fast friends with the duo once Tommy warmed up to them and they even managed to quickly cave Techno into being friends when he'd denied friendship from anyone else like it was their own personal speedrun. When everything seemed like it would be calm, that's when another incident struck what was supposed to be the Era of Calm, yet another tense period of time would be passing by instead with Y/n in the middle. The presidency, Wilbur had readily given up his place in favour of an election, one that he ended up losing by a scraping margin. Schlatt became President with Quackity's help in the election, who became Vice President.

        Some people took sides, like Fundy who renounced his way in L'manburg and officially sided with Schlatt and the newly renamed version of the country, Manburg. Some were unhappy with the new reign like Tubbo who immediately had a terrible view on Schlatt and Quackity onwards thanks to reasons clarified later on. And then there was just Y/n, a perfect middle ground in all the division and newly created chaos. They....were a perfect neutral, they had no side to take and was scared to choose either one over the other.

        Schlatt announced for Tommy and Wilbur to be exiled, which Y/n found unreasonable. Sure, Tommy may have scuffled with people over his discs, but he'd never started a full blown war before, that was always Wilbur at the forefront pushing for conflict. He sometimes played pranks that went amiss and flew over people's heads or did something that made another person angry, but it was never permanent enough to warrant exile. Especially because he'd barely had time to relax between wars, presidencies, and rather personal fights. Tommy deserved at least a bit of a rest or grace period before he was exiled, surely.

        Y/n didn't agree with the severity of the punishment, especially for who it was directed against. However they agreed with the part where people should be able to take a break for a while, even if by a little force. They looked around as once again, everyone they wanted together was split down the middle. Foolish and Dream both sided with Schlatt, one a citizen, the other a direct supporter. George, Sapnap, Punz, and Puffy all sided with Schlatt as part of his citizens, though George probably hadn't realized there was even a change in presidency with the amount of time he'd spent napping rather than in politics, and who could blame him.

        They decided to stay neutral, or as neutral as they could be. As Tubbo confided in them that he'd be a secret agent for Pogtopia, trusting that Y/n wouldn't tell, they refused to help majorly or side with Wilbur entirely, though agreed to not tell the newly formed government about his dual-agency. He was grateful nonetheless and that was the last time they spoke for a very long while, when they waved goodbye and he stepped foot out their door, it ended up being the last conversation they'd have for a bit.

        Schlatt didn't bother with them considering they were just a regular citizen, so he didn't need to worry. Dream tried to pull them in to make them a direct supporter after tattling about their skill as a manufacturer and producer to Quackity but they refused for the first time, telling him they'd be staying neutral. Wilbur and Tommy tried to convince them to help Pogtopia, but again they refused, keeping their balanced status. They were scared though, there was people their age fighting full on wars and causing rebellions after being exiled from a country they helped create, and now people were trying to rope them into whatever mess would come to happen. Y/n was scared.

        A few weeks later, Tubbo was killed. Fireworks rang out nearby their house which they figured was the celebration of the Manburg Festival that was going on today, Y/n chose not to attend even though Dream convinced Schlatt to invite them anyway to his annoyance, they never even really wanted to attend ever since they heard about it and they figured nothing sinister about the festival in the first place. Though as they sat in their home, reading and tending to their flock of sheep by bringing them into the forest behind their house, people died en masse and they knew nothing.

        That was the case until Tubbo came stumbling in with blast scars across the left side of him, Techno was practically dragging him along as he was injured himself and trying to escape from the Festival Disaster and came to their home to seek temporary sanctuary. Though Y/n promised to stay neutral and not help either side, they did end up helping out Tubbo, quickly leading them to the hall in a rush and pulling potions, bandages, and food from the shelves to heal him as best they could. Techno awkwardly stood by knowing he'd directly caused this and recounted the story for them. They didn't blame him, knowing his tendency to be easily peer pressured, but he couldn't help but feel bad for causing them to panic.

        A few more weeks later, the revolution came to an end as Schlatt died. Y/n watched as the Pogtopia crew, now with Philza in their midst, march back into Manburg and retake the country they wanted, Wilbur once again sort of being installed as president unofficially. But Pogtopia once again being an agent of conflict and danger soured people's views on the people involved.

        As the sun set again, Tommy and Tubbo sat on a bench, Y/n came over to join them with a somewhat bitter look.

"Why the long face?"

"It's just...you guys are kids...same as me, but you've been through Hell and back..."

"No! I'm a man!"

"We aren't, Tommy. You can't even legally drink but here we are, fighting wars and running revolutions. We're supposed to be kids, Tommy."