Coffee in Seattle

Madeline POV

Today mark the day I would see the Volturi kings. I was half deciding on skipping school for that day and skip town.  I didn't want to see them and I didn't want to deal with being monitor by my guards. I knew that if I wanted to skip town it would have to be now or never.

I quickly got ready and took my car. I made sure to call Bella and let her know that I was going to get coffee. It wasn't a complete lie because I did plan on getting coffee. As I walked out of the house and entered my car I suddenly hear knocking on my passenger window. I turn around and see Demetri smiling brightly at me beckoning me to unlock my door.

I sighed and turned down the window a bit. "Good morning, Demetri I was going to get coffee to want any?" I asked him sarcastically.

" hmm, coffee sounds excellent ill come with you," he replied with the same tone.

We stared at each other for a moment. I was mentally hoping he would get the hint and let me go by myself. I sighed and unlocked the door. He quickly went in once he heard the sound. I don't think I will ever get used to their vampire speed.

" I guess here we go," I said with faux enthusiasm.  I guess my plan fell out of the window.

" You know it amazes me how powerful Alice's gift is," Demetri tells me, smirking.

I sucked in a breath. I forgot Alice could see the future. So she snitched on me, jee what a good friend.  I glanced at Demetri and did a sheepish smile.

" Yeah, it's amazing," I responded tensely.

I quickly had a thought. I could still leave town.  Yes Demetri was with me but, he wasn't the one driving ;I was. It would be more of a risk to stop me forcefully versus just letting it happen.

Yes this will work, I can work with this.  I see the exit that would take me to Seattle and I swiftly turned and slammed on the gas pedal.

" What are you doing?" Demetri asked me.

"I thought coffee in Seattle would taste a bit better don't you agree?" I replied to him sweetly.

I see Demetri's face fall into look of amusement. It threw me off guard a bit as to why but I wasn't going to complain. I slowed down a bit to match the flow of traffic waiting for him to say something.

"We can go to Seattle but, just know you can't pull a stunt on me like you did with Felix." he tells me putting his arms behind his head.

I could feel my cheeks heat up. They are really not going to let that go. " Well this can be a great bonding experience," I laugh a bit.

" Usually I ditch school with Emmett but I suppose you will do," I finished off.

" Well I hope I don't disappoint," he replies.

The car ride was actually not that bad. Demetri was not that bad to talk too. I wouldn't have guess but his road rage would be amusing if it wasn't directed to me.

" Madi why did you insist on running away? Did you think you would get away?" Demetri asks me calmly.

" Can't blame a girl for trying," shrugging my shoulders.

I noticed a cafe that was on the corner of downtown Seattle. I quickly parked the car making sure to grab my purse and headed over there. I noticed there wasn't many people in the cafe. Making our way inside the cafe I noticed how it was covered with plants and warm lighting. The smell of coffee beans hit my nose while the soft lo-fi beats softly played. This was a relaxing atmosphere.

" I am going to order something, do you want to find a spot or just stand with me?" I asked him.

I received a deadpan look by him. I mentally slapped myself forgetting that I have history of ditching them. " Actually lets just order together," I let out awkwardly.