Apologies

Madeline Pov

" Why are you here," I cut right to the point.

I made sure to watch Marcus closely. I wasn't impressed to find that Marcus was in my bedroom waiting for me. Especially after our date, threats were thrown and I didn't want to risk putting my guard down.

" To apologized Madeline," he tells me smoothly.

I wasn't quite sure what to say to him. I wasn't sorry for my actions I was 100% sure of it. I wouldn't let them drag me to Italy and put me in a role I didn't want.

" I believe my brothers can be bold at times."

" bold," interrupting him with a scuff.

" Tessro we are not use to this. This is new to us as well. We come from a different time." Marcus said he seemed to pause a bit during the last part.

I narrowed my eyes at him, " A different time as in?" Waiting for him to elaborate what I think he was trying to say.

" I just mean women are more bold and independent, Caius isn't aware of this," Marcus tells me throwing him under the bus.

" Well surprise, women don't need anyone if they don't want them" I finished with a huff.

I watch as Marcus walk closer to me but leaving a friendly amount of distance from me. I was happy that he did this. I felt a bit more at ease.

" I am aware of this and I hope to be the man you find fitting in this department," Marcus tells me.

I tried matching his gaze but it was so intense;  full of desire and want. It intimidated me on a higher level.

" I don't want to go to Italy," breaking the silence.

" I won't have you go to Italy as in this moment," Stepping slightly closer to me.

" I am serious I am having my senior year," I narrow my eyes at him. I wanted to make sure he knows for a fact that I am not changing my mind.

" Talk to us and help us come to a solution," Marcus taking the final steps towards me.

Marcus left little room between us but, he also made sure not to close me in. I had the choice to step back. Yet with slight brushes from his nose against mine I found myself quickly enjoying his presence.

I sigh slightly and step back. " I'll talk to you all but promise me that you won't let them take me to Italy."

" Only when we come to an agreement we are all comfortable in," smiling gently with me.

" Okay," I simply say.

" Is there anything else you wish to discuss? How are the guards treating you?" Marcus asked me taking a seat on my bed.

I decided to follow suit and sit besides him. " They are professional" I awkwardly let out.

" Professional?" Turning his head towards me.

I slightly puff out my cheeks in response. I still wasn't quite sure how I felt about them. Demetri seemed cool but I also feel like that he also has a reminder in the back of his head that I'm not supposed to be his friend first.

There is Alec who seems more open then Jane is. I have a feeling Jane is all work and no business. Last there is Felix. I think Felix is definitely on the professional side especially when I ditched him.