Angel

I wasn't able to see who came due to Embry's position. The voice was familiar, but I struggled to identify who it was.

"There's nothing here to concern yourself," Embry spoke tensely.

"Pinning a frightened lady against a tree is of concern. You have to the count to three to step back." The man said firmly.

Embry turns to face the man giving me a chance to see him. He had brown trimmed hair and tan skin. He wore hunting attire allowing him to blend in with the scenery. The only thing that stood out was his rifle directly aimed at Embry.

"She's fine. I wouldn't hurt her." Embry said, clenching his fist.

"I think I would like to hear it from her." He replied with an unyielding tone.

I looked over between Embry and the man. Embry's mood has completely switched on me. He raised his hand slightly, giving the man a relaxed smile. Embry's sudden change in demeanor put me on edge, and I doubt it wasn't swaying the guy one bit.

Our screaming match must have caught his attention to investigating the source. Unfortunately, what made it worse was the man finding me pinned to a tree by Embry. He clearly felt he knew what was happening and had no intention of leaving me alone with Embry.

I catch the man's eyes. His gaze held reassurance causing my stomach to churn. I wanted to leave Embry, get as far away from him. Although, that could put the man in a risky situation.

He was already in a risky situation.

I start walking toward him, but a hand harshly grabs my forearm. "Let. Go." I say slowly.

"No, I-"

Suddenly a deafening noise rings my ears as my body suddenly collides with something. I opened my eyes to see splotchy dots scattered in my vision. Something threw me against a tree a few feet from my original position. My body screams at me as I slowly sit up.

With my vision adjusting, I jolt back into a tree from the sight. Embry was shaking, clenching his teeth so hard that the veins in his neck looked like they would pop. Then, suddenly, Embry lurches, turning into a giant wolf.

This wolf looked to be over five feet with a wide frame. The wolf had grayish tone fur that seemed spiked up. Shredded clothes are laid at its paws as it lets out a growl snapping its mouth.

This was Embry.

He crouched down, snarling at the man. Timed slow as I watched Embry leap on the man as a sound of another round going off. I let out a brutal scream, shakily forcing myself off the ground. But Embry wouldn't stop.

The man manages to roll away, only to have Embry lunge at him again. This time, using his massive claws to pin the hunter down, the hunter barely ducks out of the way but not before getting slashed by one of Embry's paws. The hunter stumbled back, dazed. He falls back and hits the base of a nearby tree causing his rifle to go off.

The deafening noise echoed. Embry recoiled slightly, letting out a pained snarl. I couldn't tell where the bullet landed due to Embry's course fur. He let out another growl and approached the cornered man.

There was nowhere for him to go.

In an animalistic fury, Embry opens his gaping jaw and clamps down on the hunter's knee. The bone splintered like twigs in Embry's maw, and a dark crimson pool drained on the forest bed below.

In Embry's eyes, you could see that he knew what he did. The rage and anger drained and gave way to fear. But, even in that monster was still just a young man who mauled someone.