Vampire on Ice

Madeline Pov

"No."

The idea of bringing Aro to a familiar public space is not what I needed. I can only imagine the stares I would receive and not to mention the gossip.

"Did you not say you were a skater?"

I stared at Aro; he wasn't going to back down on this ridiculous idea.

"I am but-"

"Excellent, I rented out the arena for us," swiftly cutting me off.

"The Forks Activity Rink?" Shoving down the uneasiness in my chest.

" Precisely, now drive."

Aro wasn't lying. He really did rent out the place. I start to picture the owners jumping up and down with the money he probably gave them.

The arena wasn't anything big nor fancy. Instead, it was a squarish building that wasn't shy about showing its age. The building was covered in a pale dirty yellow exterior. Each time you walked in, you got a big weft of shoe sanitizing spray; it was my second home.

"I have been skating here all my life, and I have never seen it this empty."

Even with late-night practice, there was always someone in the building. So I found it hard to believe that the owner would simply shut the area down on short notice.

"Are you sure it's empty?" Again, believing no one would simply mind their business.

"Not a human insight— and cameras are covered," Sticking his index finger at me.

"What if you missed one?"

Aro stops walking and says," It would be regrettable."

I decided to leave the conversation at that. I prefer to stay in the dark than shed light on Aro's words.

A smirk started to form on my face, "I didn't pick you to be a skater."

He chuckled a bit " I have been on this Earth for many years and hadn't found a reason to."

No one was here, just Aro and me. Yet I couldn't help but have anxiety bubble up into my chest. I prefer a room full of strangers watching me practice than being under Aro's gaze. But, I wanted to impress him—show him what skating meant to me.

" How often do you practice?"

" I used to practice four times a week. But I haven't been since months now," I subconsciously look behind my shoulders in fear of my wrathful coach hidden in the shadows.

" What caused you to stop?"

"Why ask me questions if you know already" snapping back.

The corners of Aro's mouth twitched upwards. It seemed like he enjoyed knowing he pissed me off. Like it was a game to play.

Silence filled the room. The only sound I could pick up was me pulling harshly against the laces of my skates.

"What is your game?" I let out harshly.

"Game?" Aro's face held an amused expression on his face.

"I know your gift, Aro. You invaded my privacy and didn't even apologize."

The recurring silence arrived again. I wasn't going to listen to Aro's poor response. So instead, I quickly placed myself on the undisturbed rink.

" I just wanted to learn about you."

I lightly scoff at his excuse. Aro made it sound like everything he did was with pure intentions. That taking advantage of his power was completely fine. His actions infuriated me immensely.