Leech

I couldn't sulk for even a minute before Alice sent me a text message, letting me know that she was twenty minutes away from my place, adding an overuse of exclamation points at the end of her message.

I wouldn't say I didn't like Alice. I just wasn't close to her. I think she enjoyed Bella's company more than she did with me. Whenever Rosalie and I would hang out, she would sometimes tag along, but we never went out of our way to hang out.

I let out a sigh and headed toward Bella's room. If I remember correctly, Bella had a brown zip-up hoodie that I wanted. If I was lucky enough, I could skip any tension from our previous fight. That way, I could convince Bella to come to tag along with me.

Bella's door was closed with soft music reaching my ears. I take a deep sigh and head into her room.

" Linkin Park?" I say as I barge in her room.

Bella turned her desk chair around to face me, revealing her desk full of paper and books.

"Yeah," She answered, pulling her lips into a tight line.

"Alice is coming to babysit. Are you joining?" I question, moving towards her closet.

I could hear the slight stutter in her voice as she tried to come up with a response.

" I'll have to pass...next time?"

"Yeah, that would be nice," I reply to her.

We fell into an awkward silence. Bella concentrated on her assignments while I rummaged through her various sweaters before finding what I needed.

"I'll talk to you later Bells," I say as I head out.

Before I could make it out completely, Bella stopped me. "Make sure you give that back, Maddi." She said with a peeved tone.

I paused and turned my head over my shoulder. "I'll return it in perfect condition."

I gave her a cheeky smile when Bella didn't reply to my comment. Bella slightly scoffs at my antics, giving me a look of doubt. Then, shortly, she resumed her attention to her work.

"Hey, Bella," I start, turning back from her door.

Bella looks over her shoulder, revealing a confused look, "Yeah?"

Memories flash through my mind, reminding me of the aftermath of our fight. The aftermath caused Bella to be essentially booted out of the house because of me. She was already on thin ice with Charlie, and her lack of presence wasn't helping her case.

"I—um, never mind, thanks," I stammer out, slightly raising the hoodie.

Maybe it was best to leave our fight in the past. I was already on some formal level with Bella. Confronting our values right now would only make things worse.

Bella shakes her head " No problem."

My phone rings, informing me that Alice is waiting for me. I quickly put on the borrowed zip-up hoodie. Oddly, I felt the need to make sure I perfectly tied my shoes. It was then that I realized I was delaying my meeting with Alice.

I didn't understand why I couldn't just stay in my house all day. It seemed I hadn't had time for myself in months. Maybe the faster I get to Alice, the sooner it's done. Perhaps I could ditch them somewhere?

I couldn't think that. I wasn't quite sure how Alice received visions. Rosalie never went into much detail in any of the Cullen's gifts. From my understanding, her visions were like that tv show called That's So Raven.