First Date

Madeline Pov

There is no time to cancel ; this is it. I kept reminding myself that this will be over in about three hours, I get free food, and a token of my appreciation for not killing Embry. Once I made it to the flight of stairs my eyes landed on them.

"Oh," I lightly mumbled out in shock.

I felt like I was just reminded how breathtaking they are. I know vampires have enhanced beauty but what they had was more than the average vampire. I honestly never knew I could see such handsome men. I greatly feel under dressed and not meant to even stand next to them. In a way I feel self-conscious about being in the same room with them.

Walking down the stairs, I tried my best to look calm and collected but I don't know how well I succeeded in that attempt. Hitting the last few steps Marcus offered his hand to me. I took it and quickly noticed how soothing it felt to have skin contact with him. It calmed my nerves and made me relax a lot more than I should be. It was unnatural the effects of a simple gesture had calmed me down.

"You look mesmerizing bellissima," Aro tells me looking me in my eyes.

" Thank you, you look handsome as well," I stumbled out.

I mentally smacked myself at my response. Way to go with sounding like you don't know how to speak. This is going to be a long night if I can't get over the weird effects they have over me.

" Thank you dear, now shall we go? We made Caius go get seating." Aro said offering his hand to me.

" Yes I don't think we should keep him waiting," agreeing to his statement while dodging his hand as I am heading out.

I wasn't able to talk to Bella yet about her warning. Until I do I want to make sure Aro wouldn't be able to touch me even if it may be just a simple gesture. I hear a light mumbling but I decided to head for the car.

"Here let me," Marcus opens the back of the door guiding me in the sleek black limo design.

" This is nice," I tell them as we were settling in our seats.
I was sitting across from Marcus and Aro. I was glad they decided not to sit right next to me but now I feel completely exposed at their gazed. We ended up falling in silence just observing each other.

I remember Rosalie telling me they were brothers but Aro and Marcus definitely don't look Alike. I know for a fact Caius doesn't look like them either. It seemed the wanted to all dress similar outfit only leaving the ties to be different , one dark red for Aro and Marcus just stuck with black.

" Are you real brothers?" I inquired trying to break the silence between us.

" No though are bonds are as strong as a real brother and even stronger than most," Aro explains.

" Thats good to have." It made me think of Bella and I. I know we are going through a rocky path right now but I know once we have time to sit and sort this out this supernatural stuff we will be okay.

" Your bonds with your cousin Isabella tells me you view her more than a cousin but a sister," Marcus adds to the conversation.

My eyes snapped towards him " How do you know?"  Marcus seemed to be amused by my question. Perhaps he was expecting me to know.

" I can see the bonds everyone have with each other, that's how I know for a fact that you are my and my brothers true mate." Marcus tells me staring in my eyes.

I felt my breath hitched. I wasn't use to someone looking at me with such intensity. In fact I don't think I've ever been in someone's sight like this. It was exposing yet I felt comforted about it.