Nature Walk

Madeline Pov
To say I was pissed was an understatement. I was livid. I was mad with the commands and their delusional thoughts that I would drop everything and leave with them. I simply wouldn't and I would fight them if I had too.

I still have no idea what Aro did to me. I felt fine and while having contact with him it didn't hurt. All I know is that he was able to obtain informationon that Bella and I only knew. I didn't like this; it set me on edge.

I huff out loud and adjusted my heels in another hand. I had my heels wrapped around my hand with the half-empty bottle of wine in the other. I don't know what quite tempted me into opening it on my rage fueled nature walk but I did it anyway.  I figured I had about maybe 6 more miles left to walk. Unfortunately the restaurant I decided to walk from was I'm the outskirts of Forks.

*Honk*

I slightly puffed out my cheeks in a huff and watched the car pull to a stop. The vehicle that honked was a beat up green truck. I knew instantly who it was.

" Mads what are you doing out here like this? Leeches have no manners it seems huh?" Paul said with a laugh.

" Are you a wolf then?" I asked turning my body towards him.

" Yes, I am," He tells me proudly.

Silence fell between us for a couple of seconds. I decided to end it and walk up towards his truck passenger window.  I pulled up my bottle of wine and smiled brightly at him.

" I have a half bottle of wine. Want some?" I question.

Paul laughs and opens then the passenger door " Get in."

I hop in the car and set the bottle down. I sighed with content of not having to walk barefoot on the roads.

" So would like to leave the leeches behind?" Paul asked lowly with a smile.

I furrowed my brows, " Are they here?"

" I smell four of them," Paul replies with distaste.

" I told them not to follow me," I said looking out the window glaring at the scenery.

" Well obviously they ignored you princess," laughing at me.

" Then lets go somewhere away from them," I said hotly.

" So you want to go to the rez where Embry resides?"

"No just go to Jessica's house please," I said quickly.

As much I want to be in a vampire-free space I also don't want to handle the backlash of going there. I do find it weird that they were watching me just walking home and somewhat rude. It was unsettling to find out the piece of information from Paul. Paul slightly huffs but starts driving there.

The drive went by quickly. Paul and I did talk with each other with only some teasing from him. I know Paul hasn't voiced it but I think his view of me changed. He seems more hesitant and a bit closed off.  From my understanding vampires and werewolves are mortal enemies but we've been friends since we were kids. How can that changed?

" Thank you, I appreciate it," I tell him once he pulled in the driveway.

" No problem," giving me a tense smile.

Before I could reach the door he distracted me with a slight cough. " So um, I know ever since Embry; you don't hang out with us anymore and given with recent events I know things are tense, but we care about you, he cares about you." Paul tells me awardly.

" Why did Bella get to know but not me," I said feeling my anger rise.

Paul slightly chuckles and scratches the back of head. " I might have charged at your sister,"
" What do you mean charged?" with a confused voice.
" I charged at her as a wolf," he mumbles.