Divulgence

" Why are we stopping here," I asked, watching The Cullen's house come into view.

" We have some business to take care of," Jane replies, keeping her eyes directed to the backseat window.

After leaving the forest, we stopped by my house to grab a bag of stuff. The plan was to leave town. I didn't care where we went, as long as it wasn't Forks.

"You got to be kidding me," I mumbled, looking at a familiar rusted red truck in the driveway.

"Would you like to wait outside?" Demetri asked, looking through the rear view mirror.

I took a glance at the truck and sighed. " No, I'll come."

Demetri gives Jane a glance, but she willfully ignores it. "As you wish," he lets out cooly.

We got out of the car and were greeted by Rosalie and Emmett. Their eyes freely scrutinized me, causing a pang of anger. Receiving looks wasn't going to change anything.

" Madi-" Rosalie attempts to speak up.

"Let's talk later," talking over her. The faster I speak to the Cullens, the sooner I can leave.

She nodded and began to lead us inside. The Cullens house was the same as the last time I was here. Everything was in place, yet it felt hallow.

As Rosalie and Emmett led us, the guards swiftly went into formation. Demetri and Felix flank behind me while Jane and Alec walk in front. My nerves felt on high alert, but I was more at ease knowing I had some force on my side.

The Cullens were all gathered in the living room, each stuck into designated pairs. My dear cousin Bella clung to Edward, too entranced by him to acknowledge my arrival. But, for some reason, Jacob was here, simply standing in the corner.

"Everything has been cleaned up," Carlisle spoke, taking a stand.

"Good. Did the dog take part in it?" Jane spoke concisely.

"Excuse you-"

"Jacob is here on behalf of the pack." Carlise cuts Jacob off.

" For what?" I snapped, wedging myself into the conversation.

There was hesitation in the air. No one wanted to explain why Jacob had to be here. Finally, Carlisle looked around and gave a soft sigh.

" We are reviewing our treaty, ensuring it's still intact."

" Intact?" Furrowing my brows. They couldn't keep it after all that had happened.

"We decided to keep it," Edward spoke up, with Bella still wrapped around him.

" Under what conditions?" I questioned, eyeing the pair.

The silence in the room causes my suspicion to grow. I didn't like the defeated look Jacob wore on his face and how closed off The Cullens were trying to be. They must have been laying out a deal instead of focusing on Mr.Jacobsen's death. A man was murdered, and already they were too concerned about a treaty.

"Well?" I asked. I wanted answers from whatever scheme they were up to.

"To let me become a vampire," Bella speaks out, leaving Edward's side as she steps forward.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, pushing past Alec.

Bella looks behind Edward and shakes her head. "I love Edward. I'm going to spend eternity with him."

"What does this have to do with the treaty," I asked slowly.

Regardless of what some shitty treaty said, Bella had to become a vampire. It wasn't to symbolize their love for each other it was to protect the secret of vampires. If Bella didn't become a vampire, she would die.

Bella crosses her arms tightly and takes a slight step toward me. "Madi, I'm not willing to let anymore hurt happen." She said solemnly.

I flicked my fingers. I was just in the forest. Having a man bled to death in my arms was still fresh on my mind. Even now, a random sweater was all that I had to cover my bloody clothes. Yet here is Bella with only the capacity to think of herself? He was literally mauled by a monster, and this is everyone's concern?

"Bella," Edward speaks up, eyeing me.

" It would be easier to have everyone on board." She finishes ignoring Edward.

"You shallow bitch," I yell, giving her no time to register me grabbing her hair.

Ignoring the tingling throughout me, I latch tightly on Bella's hair, pulling her towards me.

"You want to be a vampire so bad, huh!" I scream at her, kneeing her in the gut.

Bella lets out a groan of pain and surprise. She tries to regain balance but stumbles. Bella tries hitting me, but my grip on her hair helps me maneuver around it. Finally, I pull her hair harshly to the side, causing her to fall to the ground.

"Madi!" Bella screams out, reaching out to lay a hit.

In response, I give her a couple of kicks. Bella scrambles out of my grip, only to have me pin my weight on her. I manage to climb on top of her, throwing a series of hits as she screams.

"All you care about is being a vampire!" I yell, throwing a punch at her face.

Bella screams and almost shoves me off her, but I quickly latch on to her hair. "Bella, you weak piece of shit!"

Smack.

"He died!" I cried out, raising my fist in the air.

Smack.

"And all you can think of is your love for Edward!"

Smack.

"Why?" I holler, seizing my hits.

Bella had stopped moving. Only focusing on guarding her face against any future hits. I was still on top of her as I observed Bella.

" Fucken answer me!" I yell, getting ready to hit her again.

"Your just a mistress. What would you know about love?" Bella sneered.

"What? What the hell are you saying?" I asked. Her statement caught me off guard.

"Your mates have wives Madeline," Bella coughed out bitterly.

I turned around and stumbled a bit. There was a foggy circle around Bella and me. Outside of the ring, furniture was in disarray. Everyone was in different places. Edward was being held down by Emmett and Carlise, While Felix was nearest to the circle eyeing Edward. Demetri was on the other side, his head slightly cocked towards Jacob, with Esme pulling him back towards the back wall. While Alice, Rosalie, and Jasper were out of sight. Alec and Jane remained in the same position by the exit.

" Is this true!" I yell out, staring down at everyone.

" They all have wives Madi, and they are currently locked in a tower," Edward spats out.

I glance at each Volturi member waiting for them to deny the accusation, yet none of them do. Letting the recent news hit me, I began to laugh. Everyone has been lying to me, using me, and hiding secrets from me.

I glanced down at Bella and noticed she was no longer guarding her face. Instead, Bella refuses to make eye contact with me showcasing her bleeding nose from my work.

"I'm done with everyone," I announced, getting off Bella.

The tingling in my body seized the minute I stopped contact with Bella. Simultaneously the foggy shield disappeared with it. I shrugged it off and quickly ran towards the exit.

Heading towards the car. I was surprised that Felix left the keys in the ignition. I open the door and stare at the guards.

"Tell the kings were done," I announced, giving them a pointed look.

"Where do you plan on going?" Alec watches.

"It doesn't matter. I'm done with the kings, so no more babysitting," I replied, getting into the car.

I started the car and abruptly reversed out of the driveway. As I make it to the highway, I let out a scream. I was tired of everyone. I was sick of being watched, bossed around, and used as a bargaining chip. I needed to get out of this town while I still had the chance.