Excuses

3rd person:

Mumbles are heard from outside the room. Amity doesn't know what's happening. They've been in there for a hour and so far, she's heard nothing.

Amity stands up to stretch her legs when the door opens.

"You can come in now." The witch from the healing coven says with a smile.

Amity takes small steps over to the door and slips past the witch, into the room.

Boshca sits beside Lucia on a chair, and her eyes widen when she sees Amity enter the room, and she stands up.

"The doctor said she's fine now. So she'll be good to go in a few minutes," Boscha says quickly.

Amity shakes her head. "We aren't training tomorrow. We're going to capture." Amity swallows. She didn't want to hurt Eda. But she'd have to. "Eda."

Boscha's eyebrows furrow in concern as she places a hand on Amity's shoulder. "I know you still care about her. And you don't have to capture her. Make up an excuse."

Amity shakes her head. "It's not that easy."

Boscha sighs. "It is. You just..." Boscha doesn't finish, instead, she removes her hand from Amity's shoulder and starts walking out of the room.

"I'll leave you two to talk."

Boscha walks out, gently shutting the door behind her.

"Miss Blight?" Lucia asks. Amity's eyes widen.

"I almost killed you and you're still talking to me with that much respect? I wouldn't be surprised if you hated me," Amity says with a scoff.

Lucia shakes her head in response. "I would never hate you." She gives Amity a small smile before she starts standing up.

"Woah, woah are you even allowed to leave yet?" Amity asks, her eyebrows furrowed in concern. "Yeah, they said whenever I'm ready I can leave."

Lucia grabs her mask from off of the table, and places it on her face, flinching.

"Sorry about earlier, by the way.." Amity looks down at the floor, to embarrassed to make eye contact with Lucia.

The weight of a hand being placed on her shoulder makes her look up. Amity's eyes meet the dull brown ones from behind the mask.

"It's okay." Lucia tilts her head to the side a bit before walking towards the door and holding it open.

"Ladies first," she says as she bows, placing a hand on her stomach.

Amity giggles and walks out of the infirmary, completely forgetting about her worries.

Luz? Not so much.

It's making me mad, how short these are. But oh well.