Under The Mistletoe (A Christmas Special)

I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, and here's this chapter. It is not at all associated with the story.

I also recommend listening to 'The Good Part' as you get farther into the story :)

Luz wakes with a start, only settling down once she realizes Amity is still asleep beside her. Luz sighs and grabs her phone from off her side table, checking the time and date.

A small gasp escapes from Luz's lips as she realizes what today is.

Luz gently pries Amity's arms away from her body, whispering a small 'sorry' even though Amity was still asleep.

The two lovers had decided to spend a few nights in the human realm together. With Camila of course.

Luz walks downstairs, only to see Camila sipping a cup of coffee. "Mama, I need your help."

She turns around, a look of confusion plastered on her face as she looks at her daughter.

"With what, mi hija?" She sets her cup of coffee down on the table and Luz looks behind her just to make sure Amity didn't follow her downstairs.

"I- I'm planning on proposing to Amity. I already have a ring, and I wanted to ask you to help but I don't even know if you approve of her-" Camila cuts Luz off by pulling her into a hug.

"Of course I approve of her! She's such a sweet young lady. All I want for you is to be happy, Luz. And I know you're happy with her. I see it."

Luz smiles against her mother's shoulder, a single tear falling down her face. It wasn't a sad one, but rather a happy one.

"Thank you, mama."

Camila pulls away, resting her hands on Luz's shoulders, a smile on her face.

"Now what do you need help with?"

~

It had taken Amity a while to wake up, leaving enough time for Luz and Camila to put everything up.

It had been extra tiring, considering Luz had to run between the human and demon realm multiple times. Literally.

In a few minutes everyone would be walking through the portal and into the demon realm for the 'big surprise'.

Luz walks back upstairs and slowly opens her bedroom door where Amity still lay sleeping.

"Amity? Amity, wake up."

Luz stands over Amity's sleeping body, who still doesn't move. Instead, she reaches up and grabs Luz, dragging her back down onto the bed with her.

Luz groans and gives up, her body going limp for a moment.

"Amity," Luz whispers in hopes of not to startle her awake. "Amity, come on."

Amity's eyes flutter open and a small smile grows on her face before she moves her arms.

"Why are you up so early?" Amity asks, causing Luz to chuckle. "It's 12 in the afternoon, Ami."

Amity's eyes widen in response and she jumps out of bed and Luz laughs at her purple pajamas.

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" Amity complains, grabbing clothes from her suitcase and throwing them on.

"You were sleeping so peacefully. I couldn't bring myself to wake you up."

It wasn't entirely a lie, but it wasn't really the truth, either.

Now fully dressed, Amity runs over to the mirror and quickly applies some make-up, completely ignoring Luz as she hugs her from behind.