Bye, Eda

Do you see the glyph?

3rd person:

Eda slowly opens Luz's bedroom door in hopes to not wake her. The door creaks, and shuffling is hear from the other side of the door.

"Eda?" Amity asks. Eda's eyes widen a bit and she step into the room.

A smirk appears on Eda's face as she sees Luz and Amity. "So have you two finally kissed?" Eda asks playfully.

Amity scoffs, but smiles. "Yeah.." Eda's smirk disappears and turns into a smile.

"She's been in love with you forever."

Amity nods and looks down at Luz's sleeping face.

"Me too."

"Anyways. Once she wakes up ask her how her leg feels. I can do another healing spell if she needs it."

Amity nods in acknowledgement and Eda walks out the room, closing the door behind her.

~

Amity wakes before Luz, stretching, her bones cracking from disuse.

"Ammy go back to bed," Luz mumbles, still half asleep.

Amity blushes at the new nickname, and lays back down, her face in front of Luz's.

"But we have to get up. The Emperor's Coven is still out there. We have to be ready for anything." Luz groans in response, shifting and pulling the covers over her head.

"If you get up now I'll give you a kiss." Luz peeks out from beneath the covers, and Amity laughs.

"Fine."

Luz completely uncovers herself and shivers at the sudden cold.

Amity hugs her in hopes of sharing some of her warmth. 

"Now where's my kiss?" Luz asks, furrowing her eyebrows in mock anger. 

Amity kisses Luz's forehead, and Luz gasps. "Hey, that's not fair!" She exclaims, fake pouting.

Amity ruffles her hair and giggles. "Get ready."

Amity leaves the room and heads downstairs, only to be met with a very worried Eda.

"Are you okay?" Amity asks, her ears flicking in worry. "No. You two have to leave now. Belos is sending guards here to capture all of us. He knows you'd come here first."

Amity's eyes widen. "No, we aren't leaving you here to battle them on your own. We're going to help."

"No, Amity. You can't. If Belos gets Luz, he'll kill her quicker. Or try to do something to her. You have to leave."

Luz walks downstairs, a worried look on her face as her gaze flicks between the two.

"Why do we have to leave?" She asks as King grabs onto her leg and scrambles up to her shoulder.

"We don't," Amity replies quickly, glaring at Eda, who doesn't say anything.

"Okay, I know I'm stupid, but I'm not that stupid."

Eda sighs and looks at Luz sympathetically. "Belos is sending guards to come capture us all. You two have to leave."

"What? Why would we leave you here? Eda, your magic still isn't the best." Luz had picked it up, as Eda still used glyphs.

Eda looks down, and Luz catches a glimpse of a tear just before it hits the floor.

"Please, Luz. You need to get out of here," Eda says with glossy eyes.

"O-Okay, Eda... But promise me you'll call me or sent Owlbert if you need help?" Eda nods her head, and Luz slowly goes upstairs to get her staff.

"I've wanted to give her something for a long time," Eda says, walking out of the room only to come back a moment later with a box in her hands.

"What is it?" Amity asks, raising an eyebrow. "It's a witches cloak. I made it just before she left the first time." Eda smiles a bit, opening the lid and stroking the soft material.

"It repels spells. Figured she'd need it. I was going to wait until she came back to give it to her, but she never did. I waited, every day." Eda shrugs before continuing. "I thought she forgot about me, or she didn't want to come back. But when she finally did, a whole bunch of messages came through my scroll. One of the last ones was her telling me about how her mother was sending her to a Discipline Camp. The next one was a few years later. She was bleeding, and she had scars on her face. She was showing them off, saying she was 'Older, and stronger' and that she was 'cool'. But she didn't think so. I saw it."

Amity's mind is racing. They really did that?

Luz comes back down the stairs, her staff and Amity's in her hands.

After giving Amity her staff, Luz pulls Eda into a tight hug.

"I'm going to miss you.." Luz mumbles, her voice muffled by Eda's dress.

"I'm going to miss you too, kid," Eda replies, hugging Luz back just as tight.

Eda backs up and gently pushes Luz towards Amity, handing her the box with the cloak. "Now go. If I don't do this now you'll never leave."

Amity takes Luz's hand in her own and walks towards the door.

"Bye, Eda."

Amity and Luz walk out, waving good-bye to Eda for possibly the last time.