Luz

Lucia's eyes go wide as Belos continues.

"You should've known I'd figure it out sooner or later. I'm surprised it took me this long to figure it out. Maybe it was that stupid potion you were using. By the way, human."

Belos pauses, and looks at Luz. "It's worn off."

Guards flank Luz and grab her, putting something over her head and dragging her to an unknown place.

"You didn't listen to me, Luz. Now you will pay for it."

Someone punches her, and she's out cold.

~

As Amity wakes from her nap, she can't help but feel something wrong.

She shouldn't have treated Lucia like that. She should've apologized.

Maybe it wasn't to late? Maybe Luz had lied and she just went to her room.

Amity grabs her staff and walks out her door, and knocks on Lucia's.

No answer.

Amity knocks again, and the door opens to reveal a guard with a box of items.

"Oh. It's you. How can I help you?" The guard tilts their head slightly to the side.

"Where's Lucia?" Amity asks plainly. "You haven't heard? She took the punishment for your 'failed mission'.  Belos didn't like it. She's being petrified."

The guard scoffs. "Oh, and apparently. She was the human, Luz. The whole time."

Amity's eyes widen. Her heart pounds, and she can't hear anything.

'She's Luz.' The words echo in her head. They don't stop until a different thought replaces it.

'She's Luz and I stabbed her. Almost killed her. I slapped her. I told her I hated her.'

Without another word to the guard, Amity walks off, her staff still in hand, to the only place Luz might be.