[C3]The Night We Met

Mal remained by my side as I found myself in the pack house's kitchen. I leaned over the counter, dry heaving. My whole body was shaking from what I just done. You would think I was on the other end of rejection. "Here, please drink this," Mal said as he handed me a bottle of water. "You should probably hydrate." I took the bottle and downed it with just a few gulps. I tossed the bottle into the recycle bin. My heart felt like a thousand knives entered it... but I was still standing. I was trembling. "Can I drive you home?" Mal asked with a concerned voice. I shook my head and looked him in the eyes.

"No, Honestly I just want to take a bottle out to the woods and be alone." I started to empty my pockets, handing them over to him. "Can you take the car home?"
Mal was awkwardly putting away my things into his pockets as he avoided making eye contact now.
"V-Viv, are you sure you want to go alone?"
"I have Arwen," I assured him.

Mal gave a small frown but walked with me as I collected a bottle of rum from a mini fridge. He even walked with me to the front door before I put a hand on his chest.

"Okay, this is as far as you follow me," I told him. He gave me a worried look but let me walk towards the woods. I had a feeling he watched me the whole way to the edge of the woods. I entered the dark shadows of it before taking my clothes off. I transformed into my wolf form and instantly felt more alive than I had been all day. I ran. I ran with the bottle wrapped up in my clothes- in my mouth. I ran until I reached a familiar trail. I ran it until I reached the waterfall's clearing. I transformed behind a tree and put my clothes back on then opened the bottle as I walked up to the waterfall. Tears fell down my cheeks but I didn't make a sound as I started to drink the bottle.

My emotions felt like an endless steam as I cried- because I felt like my life had been pointless. All my work to have a good life for me- my mate- my children was wasted. Why did I even feel excited to turn into a werewolf for my first time? I sat down on a bolder next to the water and listened in on the sounds of the crickets, an own, and the steady flow of water. I could feel Arwen place her head on my lap.

"Oh, Arwen," I whispered softly. "What did I do? What do I do?" I asked her softly. I felt so lost.
'I'm sorry it happened,' she whispered softly to me.
"But why?" I asked and started crying.
'I don't know. But you're free from him now.' She assured me.
"What is freedom if there's no one to love me?" I asked and hiccuped suddenly.
We fell silent as she tried to think of what next to tell me.
'You have choices now,' she said. I couldn't feel anything but sadness as I looked down into the water.

I rejected him because he was unfaithful to fate- which would lead to me. But, I also understood him in some ways. He liked men. He didn't like women. Who was I to force him to love me? More importantly... He was Cole's boyfriend. How could I do something like that to Cole? The second I looked at Cole I knew I couldn't have Emmett.

Am I mad at him or me?

The way he looked at me when I rejected him... I knew he felt guilty the whole time he was with Cole. Why should he feel guilty for choosing who he should love?

Why should I feel guilty for rejecting him?

"You got any of that left?"

The voice made me shriek and tense up as I clutched the bottle. I glanced around me for where the voice came from befeore my eyes landed on him. He was tall, muscler. His face was marvelous- flawless. His eyes were the color of blue. A light, ice blue. His hair was pinned back out of his face with a few bobby pins. But, I could tell even in the darkness it was a curly mess. I smelled the air and instantly knew who he was. "Alpha Brendon?" I asked softly. He smiled but it faded as he walked up and gave me a questioning look.

"What are you doing out here instead of at the party?" He asked as he reached forward and touched a tear on my face. "What happened?" He growled out suddenly and I felt compelled to tell him everything. I had to bite my toung as I fought to keep it in. Damn, he really is the alpha. "Don't make me ask again," he said and I could see it in his eyes- he cared.