[C31]The Pack Of Rogues

Twelve hours. That's how long it took before I came across my first scent. I had been running- trying to figure out where I was in the meantime. I didn't think this through. I had no clue if I was going in the right direction. I just know I had to put some miles between me and the vampire's den. My legs felt like breaking. I was pushing everything I had and felt like it wasn't enough. A wolf can cover a lot of ground within twelve hours.

'You're going the wrong way,' was all I thought as I sniffed the air. Bingo, wolf! I felt an excited howl rip through my chest. I found something! Anything close to a familiar earth scented wolf was making my heart race. As long as I found my own kind- it didn't matter who they were. They would protect me once I told them I was an important Luna to The Scarlet Nightwalkers. I pray- they're close to my pack. I'm going to get home. I'm going to be okay. I'll tell Brendon about Niall, Lamia, and how they're working together. Niall will be placed under house arrest. My other brothers will be saved. Brendon will call a war on Lamia. I'll also tell Brendon the one advantage we have- our bite.

I heard growls as I picked up on the scents coming closer to me. I felt my heart race. 'Viv, we didn't pick up any scents marking a boarder...' Arwen's worried voice brought anxiety into my heart. Maybe I was too distracted to notice? 'Just don't drop the walls yet. Stay alart,' she told me. I could feel her beside me once more. Our hearts beating as one. I sniffed the air. I wanted to make sure I was safe...

But, when I caught wind of the new stench- they were coming through the heavy brush. Thirty in all it seemed. They circled me in a quick pace. I wanted to cower in fear. ROGUES! I came across rogues! I mentally groaned as the majority were all males. Rogue packs were rare. But to my knowledge they formed like an actual wolf- pack. One you see on the discovery channel. Since they're closer to being ferrals. Rogues- most known for being dishonest- savage- and destructive. They ate their kills. They hunted everything and everyone. The elders lead the way to keep the pace of the pack-  the second half were the strongest, the middle the weakest (ususally females) and the back end were just as strong as the second half.... but their alpha would always be on his own. Always apart from the running nomads. Nowhere was their home. They stayed where the kill was.

Their snickering wolves made me positive they were discussing to eat me. I was- however shaping them up to see how many I could kill myself. Their alpha- was as big as Brendon's wolf form. He came from behind the pack and was obviously saving his strength. He took one look at me before suddenly shifting into his human form.

I blushed as my eyes landed on his muscles. I had to look away in embarassment. The wolves nipped and growled at me- looking at him for permission. They wanted to tear me apart. He was a handsom alpha. His hair matted black- his body muddy but hiding flawless skin.

"Are you Luna Vivienne?" He asked me sharply.

A rogue knows my name? "Nod your head if it's a yes," he told me as he picked mud out from in his hair.

I nodded my head and trembled. I couldn't hold back my fear any longer. "We found her," he announced. "You heard the queen. Eat the luna alive," he growled out to his pack.

I felt my heart flutter. Lamia sent them after me?! I growled as a warning to them but the pack wasn't following my orders. The strongest circled into me while the rest waited on the outskirts. They swipped at my fur as I began to circle and try to find their weak spot. They closed in on me- ready to kill me in one strike together. I'm outnumbered!

A fog rolled in. Thick and white. It was unnatrual. It was distracting the wolves from coming at me. At least most of them. A few were close enough to swipe their paws at me.

"KILL HER!" I heard the alpha howl. It was vicious. Like his time was running thin. An opening to kill me was coming to a close. Thanks to my father's training I was avoiding a few deadly jaws. I felt strained but I wasn't going to give up on my life. I had a son to raise. An alpha to love.