[C65]Where Loyalty Lies

Continuing Brendon's POV:

We followed Mateo through the woods until he came across the scent markers for Everfur's territory. Once he crossed the borders he met with a few of their wolves guarding nearby. They escorted him to the pack's town hall. This is where Everfur's pack held meetings. Their pack territory- to my knowledge wasn't centered through a pack house but a town hall. The pack house was non-existent to them. Instead, they worked more as a town. And, their alpha like a mayor. Alpha Rivera was a kind woman when I did get the chance to meet her. She's lucky to have my sister as her luna.

It seemed like most of Everfur's pack members were already arrived at the pack's town hall. They were already gathering for a meeting. Mateo shifted into his human form in an alley and changed with the ones he was being escorted by. They had extra clothes hidden in a trash bin. There wasn't any trash of course inside the bin.

"That's again," he said to accompanying wolves.

"In these times," one of the wolves whispered. "It's best we just help our own when we can," the girl said. There was three warriors escorting him. One female and two males. I didn't recognize them... So I couldn't name them at first. Mateo and them happily exchanged names when they first met. There was Abby- the girl, Scotty, and Nick. I wouldn't remember these names for long. Maybe Mateo will.

On- hand clothes for wolves usually consisted of tank tops and shorts. They're small and you can hide a bunch anywhere. My pack uses robes.... and this one used these. These types of clothes usually got destroyed between shifts... So we always have to keep cheep clothes around the territory.

"MATEO!" I heard a familiar voice yell happily. This was before Mateo could even make it out of the alley. I felt my heart race in excitement. Someone made it out of the pack alive! And not captured by Lamia's coven. We all turned to look down the alley at Destery. Lilith's brother! Niall's Brother in law as well. Destery jogged up and following behind him was my sister. Mateo, Destery, and Artemis exchanged hugs. Happy to see each other once again. Hell we all use to go to school together... We all use to train together. Mateo... Don't fuck this up.

"Mateo~!" Artemis said happily. "Oh my god, you're alive! What are you doing here?" She questioned and looked at her pack mates. "Thank you for bringing him here. You're free to leave," she promised them. They bowed to their luna before running back to the woods. Not bothering to take the clothes back off in front of my sister.

"I come to ask if you'd help The Scarlet Nightwalkers have gone against Luna Vivienne's wishes and are on their way to attack that vampire coven of Lamia." Mateo explained. "I think they're turning into rogues," he whispered and shivered. "There's been a lot that's happened."

"I know," Artemis muttered. She looked upset before looking up at the sky. "Turns out we're heading that way."

"You are?"

"Sure are," Destery said in excitement.

"We're going to invade where they're keeping our pack members and we're going to save them. If The Scarlet Nightwalkers are truly going there to kill people then they'll serve as a great distraction to our cause," she said. "I need to tell my Alpha Mabel."

"We gotta get going," Destery whispered to her. "If we show up later there then we'll be dessert."

"You're right," Artemis said and put her hands on her hips. She looked at Mateo. "How's my sister in law?"

"I think... Blacktail is very suspicious. I'm worried I left her there with their alpha. He's planning something." Oh, don't tell my sister... Mateo... Don't tell her I'm dead. Don't fuck up and slip that out. She can't hear that right now. No one should be confused seeing me come back.