[C22]Sweet Aroma

Continuation of Vivienne's Point Of View:

"What do you mean?" I heard Lamia's voice echo.
"I mean, the gig is about to be up. My brother caught him in her room, Lamia. He doesn't look like he remembers. Probably that damn halfbreed of yours used his powers to sweap his mind clean. But if his wolf knows, he will know soon." The voice I heard on the phone... sounds so familiar. Niall? I raised my nautious head up from the bed. My neck still throbbing in pain. I caught Lamia whipe blood off the corner of her lips as she leaned into the phone in her hand.

"Kill them both for all I care..." She trailed off as her eyes glanced at me. She looked away quickly.
"He's my little brother. I told you my family is off limits. I want them to be protected. Don't you want to save your future in-laws? Besides, the halfbreed disappeared. His scent is out of territory."
"Then why bring it up?" She asked in irritation. "If you have it all under control- stop calling me."
Niall's sigh was heard even from where I laid.
"Because... someone killed Innath and I don't want Malakai to be next... Promise me he stays safe," Niall begged.

Lamia crossed her legs as she sat down at the foot of her bed. Red satin sheets were kicked off at the end. She rested a hand on my leg as she looked towards me.
"Clean up your own mess," Lamia hissed through the speaker. "Or he dies next. And Niall," she paused. Her fingers ran against my smooth legs. "When can I see you again?"

I felt like throwing up as I listened in on their conversation. N-Niall is the traitor? He's the insider? Why is he helping Lamia? What are they planning to do next? ... are they fucking?

"I'm going to settle Malakai's mind before it gets out I'm working with you. If things go wrong you might see me sooner then expected. I'll call you back later," Niall promised her. Lamia frowned with distaste. I could tell she was using him. There's no way she actually cared about my brother. She hung up the phone.

"Usless," she muttered before looking at me. "Do you want to see what your big brother's been doing while you've been away from home all these years?" She stood up and walked over to the nightstand sitting by the bed. She picked up a wooden box and took out a mask, matching my dress. She held it out to me. "Put this on. You'll need to wear it where we're going." She took out another one, the same designer as her cocktail dress.

"What have you two been plotting?" I asked softy. I sat up and the world spun in agony. My head throbbed. Lamia just finished feeding from me. Apparently I'm her new blood bag.

"Only the downfall of your pack," Lamia hummed happily. "It's my favorite hobby." She might've sounded happy but her face remained dull. My heart was swelling. I felt betrayed. My brother... why would he be working with her!? He has a mate and a son. He's been offered a position as beta to the pack. He's worked so hard... He's to inherit my father's manor. He's been given everything but here he is trying to destroy everything he's recieved. It must be her, tricking him. She chuckled as she saw the look on my face. "It's not a trick. He's doing this of his own free will. He hates being there," she told me dully. Amusement written in her eyes. She's loving this.
"Niall has been very useful for me. He's helped my blood cartel secure safe passage through your territory. He's also been working late nights at The Scarlet. My auction house for exotics and fun play." She held a smile on her lips and I could see it in her eyes how passionate she felt about her work. Blood cartel? Auction house? Is this what my brother's been doing in his free time?

Arwen, are you with me?
Where did you go?

She's been MIA since she told me she'd contact the pack.
Is she in the spirit realm?

Silence remained on my mind. It was strange being trapped in my own thoughts, alone.
Lamia grabbed a knife from her nightstand and slid her wrist. I watched as blood oozed out of a wound- the wound closing as only a few drops made it out. She used her index finger scoop some up and held it out towards my lips. "Here, this will give you a boost of energy," she told me with a heavy sigh. I wrinkled my nose up but I couldn't help breath in the scent she shoved in my face. Her finger holding it next to my lips.
I breathed in a sweet aroma. The only thing I've smelt appealing about this place since the bath. I felt my saliva glands acting as I looked at the red liquid on her finger. I didn't know how to describe the scent. Despite vampires smelling horribly like predators... This was like candy for Hansel and Gretel. The blood she offered me smelled like blood- but also smelled of the complete oposite of death. It smelled like wild flowers in an open field. Rabbit fur and deer tails. Something that reminded me of life. Something that told me, 'eat me' and 'taste me'. Something that said, 'try me'. Because, 'you know I will provide aid. I will save you. I will nurure you. I will make you crave me.' I know instantly, this was the fountain of youth's potion. This was... Eve's Apple. DANGER. A devil in disguise. A serpent! One drop and you'll be hooked like an addict to crack or heroine. Was this how she felt on a daily basis? Is this what blood is like for HER?

This was pure agony. I felt so weak and this was so inviting. She offered it so freely. It reminded me of the way Malakai and Cole sat at the fountain passing the joint. I shook my head as a tear dropped down my cheek. I resisted.
"I- I can't," I told her as I tried to hold out.

"So dramatic," she grumbled. "You'll feel like shit all night," she warned me before licking the blood off her lips. My eyes only fell on the knife in her hand. I could try.... No. She's got me beat on agility right now. I have to plot my way out of here wisely.

She put the knife back in her nightstand and went into her attached private bathroom. I figured it was to wash up. She called me in and I obediently went. Where I caught her drying her arms off. She gestured to the mirror. I looked in at her reflection before looking at my own. Surprisingly... She didn't leave much of a mess to clean up. I didn't have a drop on my dress. She was pretty good at keeping clean on feeding. I was slightly impressed. With the way she wasted blood earlier... I figured she didn't care much. I used a damp hand towel to clean off the blood on my neck. There wasn't a scar on it... but the marking where Alpha Brendon had left his claim on me. I touched it and felt tears rushing to the surface.

I completely forgot... We are connected now. I could have been trying to get in contact with him telepathicly... But he's probably too far away. Since it's been so silent he probably knows I'm too far from him. Though it doesn't make sense... It's probably what's happened. Arwen is over in the spirit realm probably trying to send a message to the pack. I rubbed my chin as I looked at Lamia's eyes watching me. I tensed up and looked at her.

"Your gestures remind me of small things," she said softly and I spotted amusement in her eyes. "I never worried about someone before," she said as she looked towards my neck. "Do you love him? I'm sure you miss him~" She teased me like it was a game. But this was opening her up to talking, which surprised me. She didn't like talking after all.

"Do you love Eder?" I asked softly. I wanted to strike it through her. Like a spear. It was none of her business who I loved. Who I want to spend my happy ever after with. I have my future baby to love and that's all I want. I care for Alpha Brendon deeply. But he will never replace the empty feeling I have from loosing my soul mate.
Her nose wrinkled up as she looked disgusted. The thought seemed to not even cross her mind before. I knew her answer, no. She walked past me and went towards the door. I sat the towel down and followed her out. My head was spinning but my wolf's healing process was rather fast and the lack of blood in me was being replinished. I know she didn't like extra talking but I had to make sure of where she was taking me. I parted my lips to speak but she signaled me not to speak as she held up a finger. On the way to the door we grabbed the masks off the bed. Lamia looked back at me. I easily kept up with her pace now. She seemed impressed by my healing's speed. Of course I have Alpha blood running in me somewhere. Thanks Alpha Fang.

"Darling," she said as she got to the door of her bedroom. "Where we are going is into your worst nightmares," she told me. I'm already there.