[C49]Death Of An Alpha

Eloise, Issabella, Maeve, Jordan, Eli, Mateo, Issac, and Atlas stayed close to us. They were tense as they listened for any surprises. We made our way through a bedroom and into a hallway leading deep into the pack house. As soon as we stepped into the hall it was like a wall came down. We could hear war happening further in. The sounds of growling and screams echoed through the halls. Speaking of the halls... The halls were bright and the wall interior was very modern. So they weren't living like cave men. In fact their interior was a lot more expensive then ours. It put our pack house to shame. The amount of living space here doubled our pack's house. This was obvious to us now. Pack Blacktail Growlers aren't going down without a fight.

I underestimated them. I should have known that they lured the vampires into their den. It was obvious from the outside guards. They lured them inside here because there would be an advantage. They knew these halls better and could easily confuse the demons. This was their triumph. This would make the vampires pull back. Especially when Pack Scarlet NightWalkers inexpediently comes in to assist.

I felt thrilled. A new sense of victory was running through my veins.

Yes, they lost people here...

But we would help them make a come- back.

Lamia will have to back out. She will be furious from how much she underestimated us!

The wolf comes out on top tonight, Lamia.

'This way,' Brendon growled as he seemed to have picked up on something the rest of us could not. 'They're that way.'

'How can you tell?' I asked in confusion. With the scents buzzing around us it was hard to navigate unknown halls.

'My wolf Steele knows the way,' he muttered as he took off running in front of us. I was excited as I chased after him. Yes, I'm running into battle... but I have hope to win.

Our presence here will be enough to run off any remaining vampires.

The halls opened up into a balcony hall leading down a carved out slope. The room we opened up into was on the top floor of a three story open floored room. The den. This was obviously where the pack lived and thrived together when in their pack house. Like how we have a ball room they have this. The slope ran down in a spiral around the room. It was steep and would be hard to get down from. We would have to be careful because there was no railing.

From this spot we could see the main battle being taken place at the ground floor. A huge chandelier hung two stories down, each floor being at least ten feet tall. If we fell from this height....

I shook my head. I tried to look down carefully. Wolves fighting for their lives against vampires holding weapons. I tried to find Fang. I wanted to call for him. It was hard sorting through their fur. I couldn't see him.

'Where is he?' I asked Arwen.

'I'm not sure,' she admitted.

Brendon growled. His voice echoing down to them to announce our presence. 'There's still more of them alive, we need back up,' Brendon called to our pack mates waiting outside. His voice echoed loud in our heads.

'Hang in there, we're coming,' my father promised.

Brendon took the first steps down the slope. His determination became known he was going to help Blacktail. This made the rest of us jump in pursuit to follow him.

The average werewolf's size compared to a human was about the size of a dire wolf. But an alpha could max sizes. And, Brendon's size maxed any size of the vampire's shoulders. He must stand at least six feet tall. He was massive. And, an alpha's size would effect the rest of his pack. Most of ours were around four to five feet tall. Quite a big size. It would be a big advantage against the vampires. It's like we were made to kill each other.