[C7]To Save The Rejected

I spent most of my day unpacking after the shower. I wanted some time to think with Arwen so I locked the bedroom door just in case anyone decided to invade on my parade. I unpacked and took off all the white sheets. My room looked just how I left it. But obviously, mom came in right after I left to cover things up. I loved being here. It reminded me of my childhood hopes and dreams. That one day I would find a great love. The room was similar in size to Alpha Brendon's room. I even had a similar canope style bed frame. I was obsessed with the style at a young age.. My room was filled with dreamcatchers, decor flowers, and artwork from my four years of Art courses in high school. This room had a mini library thanks to all the time I spent in human form. Now that I think about it, this was Arwen's first time seeing my room. Because I never came home durring the breaks. The family would just come see us.

When I was done unpacking, I sat down on the edge of my bed. I could sense Arwen jump up with me. We were alone at last together. I laid down quickly and looked up at the stars on my ceiling. The ones that glow in the dark. 'Arwen, do you think the moon goddess will see me tonight?' I asked her softly with our mind link.
'I think she will. You were pretty drunk last night so it would make sense as to why she didn't come. She wants you sober when she's ready to speak to you. Your step mom was probably right. She was with Emmett and his wolf, giving them an ear full.'
We giggled together, our laugh seemed to be one in my mind. My thoughts collected together to now be able to think about, Alpha Brendon. What was he doing? Was he completing his Alpha duties to the pack? Did he go talk to Emmett?

I felt something buzz under my back and I almost jumped out of bed in alarm before I remembered I placed my phone there earlier while unpacking. I reached around and grabbed it before laying out on my stomach on the bed. I looked at my phone to see an unknown number had texted me but that wasn't the only missed messages and calls I had. I almost felt stupid from how long I've ignored this device. Most of the messages were from family, asking me where I am. But that was probably before Mal explained he had my phone. Cole had texted me a long apology text, resulting in him saying he won't come around me if I don't wish to see him ever again. Mal left me a text to come see him when I got home. I decided to text my dad first, telling him I was sorry for scaring him last night. I told him I was fine. I texted Mal, telling him I was home if he wanted to still see me.

Then I looked at the unknown text, 'Emmett told me everything. I'd like to see you soon. When can I?' It was from Alpha Brendon, obviously.

"What if he's going to be angry at me for rejecting his beta?" I asked Arwen softly. "What if Emmett told him a completely different story than from the truth... because he wants to cover his own skin? What if NOW I've been made out to be the bad wolf?" I felt a rush of anxiety hitting me as I turned my lock screen off. I took a deep breath to try to calm down.

'Alphan Brendon already told you he wanted you to be Luna. Why would he go back on his word now? He's already been making attempts to get you pregnant.'
"What if he's found out a fake story about what happened between Emmett with me and NOW he's going to kick me out of the pack."
'We won't know anything until we talk to Alpha Brendon. Now, put on a pretty smile and message him back. Tell him you can meet him whenever he has time to see you.'
"That sounds a little desperate," I mumbled. I sighed but turned my screen back on to give Alpha a reply.

'How did you get my phone number?'
Was the first text I sent.
'I don't know if Emmett told you everything... I don't think I can ever trust him again. But, I do want to see you too.' I hit send as I recived a text from him.

From Alpha Brendon, 'I was also in a meeting with Nolan, your brother. He happened to have it in his phone.'
Another reply from Alpha Brendon, 'Nolan told me you caught them in the act, kissing. It was last night at the party. So, you and Emmett got into a small argument that resulted in you rejecting him. I take it, you rejected him because he's attracted to males? Therefore you figured Emmett could never love you?'
Alpha Brendon again replied, 'WELL, how wrong you were.'
The phone buzzed then as Alpha's number showed up. He was calling me. I answered and he cleared his throat. We exchanged confirmation it was us before he continued to tell me in voice.

"When I came back to the pack house, I met with Emmett. Apparently, Emmett stormed into the bedroom this morning wanting to get my HELP to track you down. He told me he couldn't stand the thought of letting you go. It's been eating him alive. He broke up with Nolan. The poor boy, your brother was in tears when I met with him. He said he's never seen Emmett like this... I haven't seen him like this either. Apparently the moon goddess visited Emmett while he was sleeping and cursed him. He's been talking nonsense so I had him restrained. He's being heavily guarded in the Doctor's office. But, I think he's gone rogue..."

My heart skipped a beat but I immediently shook my head. How could Emmett DO that! That was so mean... My poor brother... I DONE THIS! I felt tears roll down my cheeks as I listened to Alpha Brendon explain to me that Emmett's curse would result in his mind being lost to the rogue's curse if he didn't make admends with me. I felt my heart racing. What will happen when I fall asleep and meet the moon goddess myself? Will she curse me for sleeping with Alpha Brendon?

"It serves him right," Alpha Brendon said as he noticed my silence. "He's shamed this pack, he's shamed me as an alpha, and he's shamed you. If you dare forgive him, I can never. He's being banished from this pack."

"No!" I shouted as I gasped. "Please, don't!"
"WHY!?" He growled.
"He... he can't help he fell in love with Cole. Please, don't punish him."
"He's brought shame unpon this pack." He sighed. "I might not banish him now... but he will be relieved of his Beta duties."
"T-thank you," I whispered.
"I need you to come to the pack house."
"Why?" I whispered quietly.
"If you truly forgive him... he needs to hear it. It'll lift his curse... but if you don't, he's as good as a rogue. We will have to banish him."

I felt my heart pounding in my chest.
This man's life was in the palm of my hands now.

"Yes, Alpha."
"Please, don't do it if you're not ready to. He's the one in the wrong, Blair. Don't ever think otherwise. You are in charge of his punishment. He wronged you, the moon goddess, fate, and this pack. We cannot allow this to go unnoticed."
"Yes Alpha."

"So, I'll see you soon?" He asked and suddenly a chill ran up my spine. I bit my bottom lip and held back a smile. "Blair," he called out to check if I was still there.
"I'll be there soon," I promised. "But, what will happen if Emmett tries anything with me?"
"I'll be there to protect you."
"Okay, I'll be there soon."

I hung up on Alpha Brendon and let out a shaky breath. I can't believe this. How can the moon goddess do this to Cole and Emmett? After I let them be together? Did she double cross me? 'Arwen, do you think the moon goddess cursed Emmett because she doesn't approve of Cole being with him?' Arwen seemed amused as she laughed.
'Now there's a theory! No, I think she's just delivering a fair punishment. If you can't forgive him there you two shouldn't be in the same pack. Cursing him to be a rogue is a fair warning to him. He's upset the balence of nature."
"But, he found love in Cole."
'Cole is not his destiny.'
"WELL SCREW DESTINY!" I groaned out. Those two can have each other as far as I'm concerned and NOW I have to fight so they can have each other. "Cole shouldn't have to suffer because of our rejection's results."
'You now need to show that you truly support them. You have to tell the moon goddess yourself.' My eyes landed on my nightstand where I just put away some melatonin. 'Yes, before you go to the pack house you need to reach out to her yourself and tell her to drop the curse.'
"So in order for me to make things right for Cole, I have to tell the moon goddess I support them and I have to ask her to stop Emmett's curse before it goes too far.."